News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Speedometer Housings???

Started by BlueSS454, April 11, 2008, 07:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueSS454

I ordered a new speedo gear for the Charger, picked it up today and went to install it.  THe housing in the transmission is completely different that what this new gear takes.  Are there 2 different speedo housings on 727's?  In the pic below, the top is the new speedo gear, the bottom is the housing I took out of the car tonight.  The guy at the Chrysler dealer asked me what year the trans was, I wasn't sure so I just defaulted and told him it was in a 69 Charger.  I found 2 sets of numbers on the bottom of the case.  They are.....G253833N     and     227196.

Tom Rightler

tecmopar

The top one is the older style, the other is from '77 on up if my memory serves me. John Kunkle should be ablr to clarify as I only work on the older stuff.

BlueSS454

That makes sense to me.  I found a correct style housing on ebay, can that be swapped out in the trans itself so that it functions like it's suppose to?
Tom Rightler

Ghoste

BlueSS454

Sweet  :2thumbs:  Now just have to hope I win it.
Tom Rightler

tecmopar

If you don't win it, I'm sure someone on here can set you up. I'll have to look but I think I have a couple laying around.