News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

carb throttle cable question

Started by chargerman68, April 12, 2008, 01:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerman68

hey all,

have a factory throttle cable with my 650 edelbrock carb with the mopar adaptor.i installed my cable and there is about 3 inches of free play in the cable when its hook up to the carb.the extra is pushing threw inside the car in the gas pedal bracket...

how do i adjust it or do i need a small length cable...

thanks
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

Ghoste

The cable fit okay before though??

chargerman68

no the other one broke...it was homemade

found this one in my box o parts

Ghoste

Ah, that explains it.  I think you can still get a new one from Dodge.  If not, you copuld try NAPA or someplace like that.

chargerman68

another question.

as long as the length is the same for my 68 charger with a 440 at 20 1/2 ''  it doesnt matter what car it came off of....

Ghoste

No, they're the same from car to car.  If you back up a year and try to use one from a 67 you'll find a difference in the throttle pedal end but as long as you stay away from those nasty old fastbacks you'll be okay.

chargerman68

Quote from: Ghoste on April 14, 2008, 03:48:12 AM
No, they're the same from car to car.  If you back up a year and try to use one from a 67 you'll find a difference in the throttle pedal end but as long as you stay away from those nasty old fastbacks you'll be okay.

:rofl:

got it found one on ebay for my application.thanks again :cheers: