News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New motor is in!!!! (w/pics) updated 4/11

Started by Hemidoug, April 06, 2008, 02:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemidoug

Finally got around to stuffing a BB into my tow vehicle (86 B350 van). Looks like it was born there! I can't wait to fire her up (she's blocking the garage)! It's a 400 the I yanked out of a 77 Newport that is replacing the tired out 360 that was there. I freshened her up with a cam, Edelbrock manifold, and headers. I see a burnout contest at Carlisle in her future.... :D I think she will tow the 69 like a champ! The Dakota was always marginal at best...the brakes suck for towing. I'm going to rig this out as my support vehicle for shows and racing (if I ever get around to my 65 that is)......
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

JerseyJoe

leeandgrant

THAT WILL BE AN AWESOME TOW VEHICLE :yesnod:
1968 318 Charger
1969 440 General Lee
1970 440/4speed Super Bee clone Project
1968 383 Charger project
1969 charger parts car
1977 Plymouth Trailduster
2003 Dodge Hemi Ram
2009 Dodge Charger Super Bee SRT
2000 Dodge dually diesel

firefighter3931

Lookin good Doug....BB power in a Van should make for an excellent tow rig  :2thumbs:

You might want to re-think your fuel pump location.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

1969chargerrtse

Jeeezzz......  that looks like it's hard to do?  Great Job.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Hemidoug

More progress, slow but steady. Here is how it's looking now. So far everything has gone smoothly, however I am running into issues with brackets and linkage. The kick down linkage is up against the rear of the valve cover and the throttle linkage isn't long enough. I can't use the 100 amp alternator so I will have to go with the standard type. Just waiting on brackets now....
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD