News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone live near McKinney, TX? You may be my last hope....

Started by 69chargerboy, April 10, 2008, 04:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerboy

I can't believe I'm doing this (I'm actually a little embarrassed), but I'm at my wits end! I'm John (69chargerboy) from Elyria, OH near Cleveland.  I bought a 69 Charger grille assembly from Premier Plastics three months ago, I have been in contact with a lady named Angela numerous times, but I feel I'm getting the run a round with her. Every call, every email she responds to is another excuse why my grille won't ship. For all I know, my grille is just sitting there. I currently have my 69 Charger being restored at a local restoration outfit here in town and they are needing my grille to paint and install. Angela originally quoted me 2 to 4 weeks for shipment, I'm am way past that point. So my question to you is if you would be able to pick up my order at Premier Plastics and have it shipped to me. Of course, I will gladly pay you for your trouble before you would send the grille to me. All I would have to do is get a hold of Angela and let her know about the situation. And I will give you all of my information that you would need to confirm to Angela that you are picking it up and shipping it for me. I know that this sounds like a strange request from someone you don't know, but your my last hope in having my grille shipped and put on my car. If you would like I could call you, all I need is your phone number. I really appreciate anything you can do. Thank You, John
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

Tilar

If I remember correctly, Runninghorn is in that area but I haven't seen a post from him since he mentioned those barn cars in Lampasas.

I have a house in Tyler which is roughly 100 miles from McKinney, but I'm not sure when I'll be back there.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Brock Samson

Tilar

I didnt mean that he hasnt been here, I've been so busy lately myself and I just havent seen him post anything lately.  ;)
Dave  

SnoPro440

If anyone does go there, please pick mine up too.  I'll definately make it worth your time.  I too purchased a 68 grill about 3 months ago and I have received nothing.
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

Ghoste

I think Runninghorn may be on the run, I likely wouldn't follow that lead.

Tilar

Dave  

Ghoste

I meant his lead of being local to McKinney but you'd be safe to not follow any lead to anything in this case.

69chargerboy

I may be OK, I have received an overwealming response for help..... I really appreciate everyone help, it's nice to know you can count on other members when in need!   :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: :icon_smile_big:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 

RECHRGD

Quote from: 69chargerboy on April 11, 2008, 11:18:05 AM
I may be OK, I have received an overwealming response for help..... I really appreciate everyone help, it's nice to know you can count on other members when in need! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: :icon_smile_big:

Well now JOHN.  If that's you in your avatar, I can see why you've had such an "overwhelming" response. :smilielol:   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

69chargerboy

Quote from: RECHRGD on April 11, 2008, 12:22:32 PM
Quote from: 69chargerboy on April 11, 2008, 11:18:05 AM
I may be OK, I have received an overwealming response for help..... I really appreciate everyone help, it's nice to know you can count on other members when in need! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: :icon_smile_big:

Well now JOHN.  If that's you in your avatar, I can see why you've had such an "overwhelming" response. :smilielol:   Bob

That's a good one! That's my second ride......... I know, bad joke......     :2thumbs: :icon_smile_big:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 

Tilar

Quote from: Ghoste on April 11, 2008, 08:15:52 AM
I meant his lead of being local to McKinney but you'd be safe to not follow any lead to anything in this case.

Ok, Thanks for the heads up. I did some follow up on the cars he posted, but not through him.

69chargerboy, Glad you got some help! Maybe mxzx440 can get his too.
Dave  

bull

Good products, piss-poor customer service. Old Mopars (Bob) usually has a thing or two to say about PP due to a troubling experience he had with them over a reproduction '71 Cuda grille. There have been several problems with Premiere Plastics and that's too bad given the need for what they make. Hopefully someone who knows how to run a business will buy them out. In the meantime here's some interesting reading:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,16620.0.html

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,9458.0.html

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,36149.0.html

spang

Old Moparz

WWJD?

No, not the religious one, the other one who's a member on here, Jude. (Charger Aficionado) He was supposed to have been in business with them, or a partner with them, or a distributor for them, or maybe he just hung out there with them?  :lol:

My guess is that they are having the grilles made in China, but tell people they're made by them here in the USA. They don't speak Chinese, so when they get an order for a grille & call it in, they get egg foo yung by mistake. This goes back & forth over & over, then they get wonton soup, then shrimp with lobster sauce, then pork fried rice, & more until they finally get a grille. (MMMMM, shrimp with lobster sauce, now I'm hungry!!) Unfortunately it take months since the boats are slow & all it does is piss people off.

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

bull

Quote from: Old Moparz on April 11, 2008, 05:30:18 PM
WWJD?

No, not the religious one, the other one who's a member on here, Jude. (Charger Aficionado) He was supposed to have been in business with them, or a partner with them, or a distributor for them, or maybe he just hung out there with them?  :lol:

My guess is that they are having the grilles made in China, but tell people they're made by them here in the USA. They don't speak Chinese, so when they get an order for a grille & call it in, they get egg foo yung by mistake. This goes back & forth over & over, then they get wonton soup, then shrimp with lobster sauce, then pork fried rice, & more until they finally get a grille. (MMMMM, shrimp with lobster sauce, now I'm hungry!!) Unfortunately it take months since the boats are slow & all it does is piss people off.

Maybe that's the case. I know your example is fictional but there's some truth to it and that truth is why not wait until they have a grille in their hands and packed for shipping before they list it on Ebay? All their pictures are the same, it's not as if they're shooting pics of each individual grille right before the auction starts so what's the problem? Even if they do shoot pictures of each grille does it take more than a week to package them up for shipping as the auction proceeds? I just don't understand why it's so difficult for them to send stuff out as soon as it's paid for. It sure as hell shouldn't take months.

Old Moparz

Quote from: bull on April 11, 2008, 06:24:32 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on April 11, 2008, 05:30:18 PM
WWJD?

Maybe that's the case. I know your example is fictional but there's some truth to it and that truth is why not wait until they have a grille in their hands and packed for shipping before they list it on Ebay? All their pictures are the same, it's not as if they're shooting pics of each individual grille right before the auction starts so what's the problem? Even if they do shoot pictures of each grille does it take more than a week to package them up for shipping as the auction proceeds? I just don't understand why it's so difficult for them to send stuff out as soon as it's paid for. It sure as hell shouldn't take months.

My example is fictional?
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

bull

1carcrazyguy

Quote from: Tilar on April 10, 2008, 07:29:06 PM
I just havent seen him post anything lately.  ;)

Pretty good idea he has posted in this thread.   

Tilar

If he has, I have a pretty good idea who it is by reading his previous posts.
Dave  

JimShine

A personal friend of mine works at the Paddock, and he called me today telling me that they just hooked up with Premier Plastics. I asked him if any grilles had been sent for their in store stock and he said "Nope. We are strictly drop shipping them." I told him about the problems people have been having getting the grilles they ordered. So, he is going to look into possibly buying and stocking the grilles so they do not get caught in the middle of any games. No matter what the result, the Paddock was very interested in hearing about this and are takking it into serious consideration.

69chargerboy

Quote from: JimShine on April 18, 2008, 06:43:53 PM
A personal friend of mine works at the Paddock, and he called me today telling me that they just hooked up with Premier Plastics. I asked him if any grilles had been sent for their in store stock and he said "Nope. We are strictly drop shipping them." I told him about the problems people have been having getting the grilles they ordered. So, he is going to look into possibly buying and stocking the grilles so they do not get caught in the middle of any games. No matter what the result, the Paddock was very interested in hearing about this and are takking it into serious consideration.

INTERESTING  :scratchchin:   I 'm still fighting to get my grille. This is what I think of their customer service or lack there of... :fu: :down: :moon:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 

69Charger_440

I called my credit card company today and cancelled.  I just got tired of the lies and the waiting.  My original grille isn't that bad and is repairable, so I'd rather spend time trying to repair that one then deal with Premier Plastics. 

1FastCharger

Anyone have the address for PP?

I have called everyday for two weeks about my grille with no reply. My only choice now is to file a mail fraud claim with the post office. I did not save the address info when I sent my cashier's check.
66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

SnoPro440

Quote from: 1FastCharger on June 25, 2008, 10:55:10 PM
Anyone have the address for PP?

I have called everyday for two weeks about my grille with no reply. My only choice now is to file a mail fraud claim with the post office. I did not save the address info when I sent my cashier's check.

I got F'ed over by them too.  Here are two addresses that I have.  I filed a claim with the Texas BBB and the Texas Attorney General.  I paid with a credit card and I waited too long to file a claim with them.  Visa told me I only had 90 days.  I feel like this place just leads you on until that time passes and just keeps your money.  Good luck with your claim.

Address#1
192 Industrial Blvd
McKinney, TX

Address#2
3405 Cedar Bluff Dr.
McKinney, TX 75070
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU