News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charlotte Autofair

Started by oldcarnut, April 07, 2008, 10:34:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

Went to the Lowes Speedway Friday to look for a few things.  Didn't find what I wanted for my Bird clone project but did snap some pics of a few cars.  Some prices were high and almost nuts and there were a few decent deals to be had if the dealers didn't get them first to flip on Sat/Sun with markup.  Did anyone else go and see some good deals go over the weekend portion?  Maybe it was the weekday but I didn't see as much people toting around stuff being bought as I have in the past. Loads of lookers but with empty arms.

oldcarnut

more

moparstuart

Quote from: oldcarnut on April 07, 2008, 10:34:44 AM
Went to the Lowes Speedway Friday to look for a few things.  Didn't find what I wanted for my Bird clone project but did snap some pics of a few cars.  Some prices were high and almost nuts and there were a few decent deals to be had if the dealers didn't get them first to flip on Sat/Sun with markup.  Did anyone else go and see some good deals go over the weekend portion?  Maybe it was the weekday but I didn't see as much people toting around stuff being bought as I have in the past. Loads of lookers but with empty arms.
what was the asking price on the dayclona  ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

oldcarnut

The Daytona clone was next and I believe belonged to the Stinger's stand.  I didn't ask and I didn't see it have a for sale sign but the sign it did have on the window was looking for Vega Hatchbacks.  The guy fron Stinger said it had an alum wing on it but everything else I believe was from their kit.

Fitz73Chrgr

That's the Joe Dirt Daytona clone isn't it?
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

7dcharger

I saw that 69 with the 70 R/T scoops on Sunday. Show was suposed to run untill 4pm, but most of the vendors and alot of the cars were gone by 1 due to the weather. Never seems to be much in the way of Mopar parts at this show, tons of Chevy and Ford stuff.

Magnumcharger

Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on April 07, 2008, 03:31:16 PM
That's the Joe Dirt Daytona clone isn't it?

Or...is it a clone of the Joe Dirt Daytona....clone? :scratchchin:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

oldcarnut

I would have to say it was just a clone maybe used to go along with Stinger's vender sight.  I wish I had read or took the pic with the yellow Joe Dirt sign in front so I could be wrong but someone here probably could chime in that really knows.   Does anyone have a pic of the movie car to post to compare?
Found a link on it.  A search for it will turn up lots more.  Notice there are no fender holes in the one I posted.
http://www.californiaclassix.com/archive/69_Joe_Dirt_Daytona.html