News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So... a little update (6.1L Hemi)

Started by Rolling_Thunder, April 07, 2008, 05:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolling_Thunder

Well - I've had a good little bit of luck this weekend...    It's been hard to keep my mouth shut on this one but NOW I can spill the beans...       Looky what showed up at the shop today    :D

It is a crate 6.1L Hemi...    it had a rod knock so the previous owner got a dealership to warranty it...    they let him keep this one which he sold to me this morning...        rod knock...      I plan on stroking it to a true 426ci and maybe do a cam swap...  I'm hoping for 550-600hp    Engine came just like a complete crate and has a verified 1200 miles on it...              How do you guys think I did ? I scored it for $2000 including the Crate engine harness (no PCM though)     :D

Needless to say this will eventually find its way into my Charger while the 440 in my charger will become a 6 pack motor for my 69 Road Runner   :cheers:

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Blown70

pettyfan43

That's what I need for my 73!!!!

69*F5*SE

TruckDriver

I need that for my Dakota :yesnod:  :cheers:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

MoParMetal

looking for another one
xbox gamertag: mprmtl

Charger74

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on April 07, 2008, 07:30:40 PM
I need that for my Dakota :yesnod:  :cheers:

:cheers: :cheers:  I agree.  That would be sweet in my 03.....

PocketThunder

Nice Score thats for sure!   :cheers:

Put me down for the next one for my C500  :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

70 Charger RT

I can't see the pictures.  I don't know if my company's firewall or not.  Could you repost them?
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

Charger_Fan

Man, that's definitely a deal any self respecting Mopar gearhead couldn't pass up on. :yesnod: Congrats!! :cheers:

Quote from: 70 Charger RT on April 08, 2008, 09:02:27 AM
I can't see the pictures.  I don't know if my company's firewall or not.  Could you repost them?
Here ya go, do these show up? :)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

moparstuart

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on April 07, 2008, 05:36:57 PM
Well - I've had a good little bit of luck this weekend...    It's been hard to keep my mouth shut on this one but NOW I can spill the beans...       Looky what showed up at the shop today    :D

It is a crate 6.1L Hemi...    it had a rod knock so the previous owner got a dealership to warranty it...    they let him keep this one which he sold to me this morning...        rod knock...      I plan on stroking it to a true 426ci and maybe do a cam swap...  I'm hoping for 550-600hp    Engine came just like a complete crate and has a verified 1200 miles on it...              How do you guys think I did ? I scored it for $2000 including the Crate engine harness (no PCM though)     :D

Needless to say this will eventually find its way into my Charger while the 440 in my charger will become a 6 pack motor for my 69 Road Runner   :cheers:

did you pull the pan and check the damage ??
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ChargerSG

Thats a nice score for sure :cheers:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Rolling_Thunder

nope - haven't pulled the pan yet...    i figure if i want to make 600hp out of this thing the first thing I should replace would be those powdered metal rods...     so if i'm going to replace those I might as well replace the crank and pistons and make it a 426 beast....     

Plan is for a Callies forged crank, forged rods, and 10.5 final compression....      light porting work on the heads and a Comp 273H cam...      This will be coupled to my 5-speed...      should be a nice combo for the Charger...     

My XV stuff should be coming in this week or next as well...    soon after we welding is done the car will be off to paint and body...     
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip