News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is WRONG with this? LOL

Started by twinscrew698, April 05, 2008, 07:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve P.

Did you notice the Canadian flag hanging from the ceiling?  Car location says Florida.  Could it be a snowbird dealership in Florida?

Golden Classics has been around for years. They don't always have the top dollar cars, but always have a big selection and the prices do go accordingly. The asking price is normally set by the cars owner, unless the dealer believes it's too low. They will not advertise a car that the owner is just dreaming about as far as price. I do know they bring in cars from all over the country and others. The Canadian flag is just one of many flags flying there.  All in all it's a nice place, but they can be pricey. Keep in mind that what you and I think is too much, the guy that REALLLLLLY wants it will pay it all and then some.

I would like to see a trim code for those markers. I had allways thought people added them, but I have seen too many to go on believing that. I saw a 67' Newport at the MATS with them and a 67' Pick up with them and a black vinyl top at the Garlits show.   :shruggy: I'm sure someone will come up with a factory code sometime.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Ghoste

67 Newport is different though, they did have markers from the factory.  Personally, I seriously doubt that we'll ever see a factory code turn up on this one.

JimShine

My guess is in the case of the Daytona owner, they probably wanted functional side markers, so they installed the previous year 68 lights.

moparstuart

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on April 10, 2008, 11:42:30 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on April 09, 2008, 08:59:18 PM
Not a late option.  It was not uncommon for owners of 66 and 67 Mopars to add the 68 style marker lights to their cars.  They were attractive and being round, they were easily added to any car without messing up the body lines.
:iagree: As an example, this Daytona's original owner seemed to really like the round '68 lights too. ::)

Here's a local Cramaro I found one day...squint & you'll make out some side markers on the back that the car wasn't born with. :D

looks like he wanted to air condition his tires also and turned his fender scoops around
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

FastbackJon

Quote from: Ghoste on April 10, 2008, 02:02:19 PM
67 Newport is different though, they did have markers from the factory.  Personally, I seriously doubt that we'll ever see a factory code turn up on this one.

And the '68 newports didn't have the round marker lights. Surprised me when I found that out.

http://spokane.craigslist.org/car/637977031.html
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Ghoste

68 has them, they're just hidden in a square bezel.  (in the bumpers where they wrap around maybe even?)  It's also worth mentioning that not ALL 67 C -bodies had them and even the ones that did I think it was only on the front.

Steve P.

After seeing the pic. of the 67' Newport I realize this is not the same body. I was not really paying attention to the car. More that it was a 67' with bullet markers.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida