News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

$136,600 & reserve not met...what a BEAUTY!

Started by Charger_Fan, April 05, 2008, 07:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

C_stripes

I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

chargerrt

One of my all time favorite cars...sooo classy  :drool5:

Manfred318

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bull

Magnumcharger

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

RD

I have a 61 Chrysler 300G convertible coming on my Kansas Mopar Cruise
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Daytona R/T SE

Stunning. Virgil Exner was an absolute genius.

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

PocketThunder

All i have to say is  :drool5:   :drool5:   :drool5:   :drool5:   :drool5:  :drool5:   :drool5:   :drool5:   :drool5:   :drool5:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

terrible one

Even not being into such early model cars, I can't help but drop my jaw when I see one like that! Beautiful car, and I've always loved the wild crossrams!

Just 6T9 CHGR

A member of our old club has one of those.....its a '60 I believe.  I think they all came with tan interior regardless of ext color?

Here's a crappy pic....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

2Gunz

Hemidog

Not a car I would buy, but I do respect the people who do and the work they do to it.

69_500

Absolutely gorgeous. LOVE IT.

To be quite honest other than the aero cars the letter series cars are my next choices. Luxury and power, and could be had in a convertible. Does it get any better?

400/6/PAC

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on April 06, 2008, 05:25:36 AM
I think they all came with tan interior regardless of ext color?

I was wondering if that was the original interior color. I think it works really well against the red paint color on this car. :yesnod:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Tilar

Thats a beauty, But...

QuoteDue to its relative non-use, the car usually needs a shot of starter fluid when cold,

That would deter me from bidding on it at all. I am not a fan of starting fluid in any situation and won't allow it in my shop, No exceptions.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Tilar on April 06, 2008, 08:55:37 AM
Thats a beauty, But...

QuoteDue to its relative non-use, the car usually needs a shot of starter fluid when cold,

That would deter me from bidding on it at all. I am not a fan of starting fluid in any situation and won't allow it in my shop, No exceptions.
All that work and they can't figure out how to make startup a Little richer?
Boy the work that went into restoring that thing.  Wow!
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Kevin68N71

My love for these cars started a few years back when I saw THIS CAR

http://www.chrysler300club.com/stories/graefen/GT300F.html

at a car show.  It's the super rare 4 speed gearbox, PLUS air conditioning. 

I absolutely love these cars.  The 300G model of 1961 looks like this car, without the impressed wheel trunk, and those wonderful canted headlights.  However, they stopped with the gorgeous boomerang tail lights and filled that piece in, which was a loss.  However, Gs are always less expensive than Fs, the most expensive of all the 50s and 60s letter cars.  That "long ram" induction was something else.

Here is an example of one from last year's Spring Fling:

Do I have the last, operational Popcar Spacemobile?

gtx6970

Quote from: 69_500 on April 06, 2008, 08:10:04 AM
Absolutely gorgeous. LOVE IT.

To be quite honest other than the aero cars the letter series cars are my next choices. Luxury and power, and could be had in a convertible. Does it get any better?

I couldn't agree more. Early letters cars are the crown jewels of the 300 world.

I'd take it WAY before anything made since

Kevin68N71

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on April 06, 2008, 05:25:36 AM
A member of our old club has one of those.....its a '60 I believe.  I think they all came with tan interior regardless of ext color?

Here's a crappy pic....

That's the 1961 300G. Gorgeous....

Kevin68N71

300G front end for comparison---

http://www.conceptcarz.com/view/photo/81842,1946,0,433/1961_Chrysler_300G_Photo.aspx

After this is was downhill for the letter series--the 300H lost the fins and was shorter, and then resulting in unpleasant exercises like this:

69_500

Of the letter series cars, my personal favorite is the 57 300C. Just love the looks of those cars. Saw a gorgeous example of a black 57 C at vegas 4 years ago.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on April 06, 2008, 12:21:44 PM
Of the letter series cars, my personal favorite is the 57 300C. Just love the looks of those cars. Saw a gorgeous example of a black 57 C at vegas 4 years ago.
me to  57 or 58 are the ones i like   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bzabodyn

Rolling art... that interior - wow!

I wouldn't sell it for $136k either!

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

astat1

Despite any arguments my wife would have , that would have to go right in the living room. PERFECTION!

Tilar

I emailed the guy after the autcion was over. His reserve was $170k and the guy that had the highest bid at auction close ended up buying it for that.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.