News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So, here it is...

Started by kab69440, April 05, 2008, 04:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kab69440

It was nice out today, and I got all full of ambition and finally put together something that has been swimming around in my head for a lot of years. I made a passenger side manual-remote mirror out of a mixed lot of parts. It certainly didn't take half an entire day to do in my imagination, but alas, in the real world, that's how long it actually did take. It seems that the driver's side swivel parts don't like being stuffed into a passenger side housing. Who'd-a-thunk-it? Heh heh. The plan is to put the remote on the console aft of the shifter handle and to modify the driver's side with a longer cable and do the same. Hopefully, the Cordoba cables are long enough to accomplish that end. It will be close if it does make it. Now that the thing is assembled, I have need to lower myself to beseech the (*gulp* <--- me swallowing my pride, not an easy task for someone of my most enormous ego... please be kind...) restorationists for advice. Do any of you have a factory passenger side dummy mirror and can give me the proper mounting location? I can guess-timate where it needs to go from the driver's seat, but I would prefer that this look "right".  So, is it "too cool", or did I ruin 3 factory mirrors for nothing? Also, and I will post this in "Parts Wanted" as well: I would like to find a total of four body grommets from late-70's B body cars for the mirror cables. I wish I had a part number, but the only thing embossed on the one I have is "29" The grommet is located in the door jamb area on the passenger side, and the controller cables run through it. If you have one or a few to sell, I am in the market. Thanks!
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Magnumcharger

Interesting piece of work there!!
:2thumbs:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Charger1973

I almost did this with a 3rd gen mirror a while back but needed money and sold them instead.  So obviously, I like it.  :2thumbs:

Brock Samson

:slap: Chargers are perfect from the factory, your allways messin with shit...
now seriously we have our own resident Dr. Frankenstein,..
that's cool Kenny,.. I'll take two.    :D

kab69440

Quote from: Charger1973 on April 05, 2008, 06:05:24 PM
I almost did this with a 3rd gen mirror a while back but needed money and sold them instead.  So obviously, I like it.  :2thumbs:
`

I have a passenger remote rallye mirror from a 3g. Picked it up for opening bid off eBay a while back. Has a head and pedestal real similar to the 'Doba pieces. If you have a driver's side unit to match, you'd be in like Flynn...

Quote from: Brock Samson on April 05, 2008, 06:07:50 PM
:slap: Chargers are perfect from the factory, your allways messin with shit...
now seriously we have our own resident Dr. Frankenstein,..
that's cool Kenny,.. I'll take two. :D

Find me another passenger mirror, I have another driver's remote. I could make you one like it with a shorty cable that goes into the door pad like the factory driver's side does.  If you want the long remote cable, you're gonna have to dig that up too.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Charger_Fan

I think it's a cool idea, good fer you! :2thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)