News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

For A/C Experts.....

Started by ChargerCharlie, April 09, 2008, 02:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerCharlie

What is the true function of the cappillary tube system on the water heater valve that goes into the heater box? Is it necessary for the A/C and/or heat system to work properly?

Also; The A/C delay relay on the bottom right hand of heater box. It's purpose is to limit humidity in the car and will cycle the A/C compressor for a minute or two in the heat and defrost mode and then shut off. My system is wired correctly and it comes on in both heat and defrost but stays on. The system is not charged. Will this problem correct itself once the system is charged or is there another issue?

:shruggy:

Chatt69chgr

I wish someone on here that is knowledgeable about the capillary tube would tell us exactly what it does.  My guess is that it modulates the heater valve from whatever setting it is at to maintain the "set" temperature.  I do know that Jim (the guy in California that rebuilds the heater valves) told me that the valve will work even if the capillary tube is no good.

I'am sorry but I don't know anything about the ac delay relay but would really like to know more about it too.