News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rumors really hurt people.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, April 04, 2008, 06:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Death1970Proof

Quote from: Big Lebowski on April 08, 2008, 10:20:37 PM
  Yep, every Mopar town has one...A guy who thinks everybody else's car is a piece of crap, but every Mopar he owns is a high dollar gold plated rare vintage Mopar, etc. etc. bla bla bla...bla.

I know the type. We have a laywer around here who has entirely to much $$$. When the big mopar boom hit a while back he was quick drop 150k on a '70 cuda and knows nothing about the car. He would rather talk about how much this and that costs than to even think about talking to me about my duster or charger project. Thats okay because I can fix my rides if something were to break, which is more than I can say for mr lawyer guy who would rather not get his hands dirty...oh well.. :Twocents: :cheers:
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

Ghoste

Our local version knows all the latest auction results and has a retirement hobby of paying other people to build clones for him which he then sells.  He doesn't make much at it and he sure can't talk about anything to do with cars other than the money part but he seems to keep himself amused.   :shruggy:

hemihead

Quote from: Death1970Proof on April 09, 2008, 12:02:25 PM
Quote from: Big Lebowski on April 08, 2008, 10:20:37 PM
  Yep, every Mopar town has one...A guy who thinks everybody else's car is a piece of crap, but every Mopar he owns is a high dollar gold plated rare vintage Mopar, etc. etc. bla bla bla...bla.

I know the type. We have a laywer around here who has entirely to much $$$. When the big mopar boom hit a while back he was quick drop 150k on a '70 cuda and knows nothing about the car. He would rather talk about how much this and that costs than to even think about talking to me about my duster or charger project. Thats okay because I can fix my rides if something were to break, which is more than I can say for mr lawyer guy who would rather not get his hands dirty...oh well.. :Twocents: :cheers:
I know the type . There are LOTS of those people out there . They aren't worth my time .  :Twocents:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

TUFCAT

My feeling is, If a person has earned the financial ability in life to afford to buy a big money car without getting their hands dirty -  that's great!  My Beef comes in  - -  when he doesn't realize he's nothing more than a waxer and polisher, and can't keep whatever negative remarks about other peoples cars to himself! 

Thankfully, most of the guys who can afford to buy a "done car", have pretty much already learned this little "life lesson" somewhere along the way to making his/her fortune.... and are usually pretty humble and nice to others (in my experience).   Its the other people who can't afford to buy anything nice that seem to throw stones.  :Twocents: :Twocents:

as a side note....we need to keep the big money investment people interested in our hobby - and buying cars!  Without the "martini and caviar crowd",  some of our investments could have declined significantly more.

Death1970Proof

Quote from: TUFCAT on April 09, 2008, 04:15:43 PM
My feeling is, If a person has earned the financial ability in life to afford to buy a big money car (without getting their hands dirty) -  that's great!  My Beef comes in  - -  when he doesn't realize he's nothing more than a waxer and polisher, and can't keep whatever negative remarks about other peoples cars to himself! 

Thankfully, most of the guys who can afford to buy a "done car", have pretty much already learned this little "life lesson" somewhere along they way to making his/her fortune.... and usually are pretty humble and nice to others (in my experience).   Its usually the other people who can't afford anything nice that want to throw stones.  :Twocents: :Twocents:
:iagree:

Amen! There's alot of people out there who are quick to down someone else's pride if they cant have it or build it themselves.  :cheers:

PS- That cat looks HUGE.... :icon_smile_big:
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

hemihead

Quote from: TUFCAT on April 09, 2008, 04:15:43 PM
My feeling is, If a person has earned the financial ability in life to afford to buy a big money car without getting their hands dirty -  that's great!  My Beef comes in  - -  when he doesn't realize he's nothing more than a waxer and polisher, and can't keep whatever negative remarks about other peoples cars to himself! 

Thankfully, most of the guys who can afford to buy a "done car", have pretty much already learned this little "life lesson" somewhere along they way to making his/her fortune.... and usually are pretty humble and nice to others (in my experience).   Its usually the other people who can't afford anything to buy anything nice that seem to throw stones.  :Twocents: :Twocents:

as a side note....we need to keep the big money investment people interested in our hobby - and buying cars!  Without the "martini and caviar crowd",  some of our investments could have declined significantly more.
Well I can do without the " Martini and Caviar " crowd . I didn't buy my car for an investment . I owned Mopars since I was a kid in the late 70's when it wasn't cool . Those kind of people drove the Chevys .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

RD

take him to a frozen lake, cut a hole in the ice, open up a can of peas, put 10 around the hole... tell the guy to go over there, when he goes to take a pea... kick him in the icehole :D

oh...and he is a jerk.. doesnt he know that if he is not on this board he is not allowed to criticize your car? only we are allowed to do that hehehehe j/k
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Spike

You own a car most other people would love to have but never will, like mentioned they are jealous.
Blow em off they are ignorant, get thicker skin and enjoy your ride.

Runner

i didint read any other relys but i find it funny that someone would say that....    my cars arent perfect the bosdy or paint however they are goodenough for me.   the thing i find funny is, i see all the flaws in my cars when its in the shop, when they are outside they look better,  they sunlight hides alot of stuff.  i thinkk  the dude is full of crap.   very nice car by the way.

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six