News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rumors really hurt people.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, April 04, 2008, 06:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

I had a friend stop by when I was first Pulling out my engine after it snapped a rod.  I just talked to him today and we have never had any issues.  What hurt me was someone told me today that he told some others in my field ( some I don't care for ) that my car may look good in the garage but outside you'll see it's all bondo.  I was shocked!!  I paid 30 grand for this car and the biggest selling factor was it was listed as a rust free CA car.  There is a little 1" x 8" spot on the lower back window, but if you look up under the trunk it's all steel.  Fenders are rust free, all the original panels are there including the inner fender wells, floors , trunk, etc..  The body shop that looked at the torn frame rails ( shipping issue ) were blown away on how straight the panels were?  My Boss that never comments much said the body was awesome.  WTF!   Really really bothered me.  My best friend today told me maybe, just maybe he told my enemies that for some sick game reason?  I just don't get it?   Why do people play mental games?  Mean people  suck. :down:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

charger01

Jealousy,,,plain and simple....I have an aquaintance from high school that stops by every now and then....He looked at my car once and said it was nice, but not as nice as the 59 cadillac that he will have someday...,,,,,, Makes alot of sense huh. fricken jerkoffs

69_500

Well I look at it like this. I like my car for what it is, and honestly could care less what others say about it. I would recomend the same about your RT/SE. No matter what you do with a car, or how far you want to take it for restorations sake, there will always be someone out there with something to say about it. Be it positive or negative. The body on your RT/SE looks great in photo's. Having not seen the car in person though can't make any personal comments on the car. Not saying it wouldn't look good in person, just making a statement.

Side note here, but I'm going to try to get over to the guys house around here with the identical looking car to yours. RT/SE painted same color combination, even has the R/T badge over the tape stripe too. But his car was a factory vinyl top car, that he has since removed the top, filled the holes, and changed exterior color from A4 silver too.

C_stripes

I don't have much personall experience in this, But. My friend that collects cars does.  He has about 10 cars that are done. He likes to take them out and show people. He likes to let people enjoy them in his shop as well. He is a very down to earth guy. But at the local car show here he is not going to take his cars anymore. He gets to much criticism from people saying that he is just trying to show off. Well. Number 1. Isn't that what car shows are for?? Number 2.  That is not how Neil is.  He is a very cool and down to earth guy and he loves muscle cars and he loves to share them with others. I think anyone that has met him will agree.  Steve met him. I bet he would say the same.

By the way.  Your charger looks very nice and I would be proud to drive it.  Don't worry about what others say.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

69*F5*SE

Me thinks it sounds like jealousy rearing its ugly head.  Don't let it bother you.  That car is freaking beautiful!!

Brock Samson

I wouldn't put (too) much stock in what other people say...
I have had plenty of people talk about my ride behind my back, and some others who made it a point to point that out to me...  :shruggy:

Magnumcharger

I can't speak from anybody's perspective other than my own, but....
I seriously dig your car.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

whitehatspecial

Car looks great to me. I am from the school that doesn't put down other people's cars, no matter what. Yours looks mint and a whole lot better than mine.

I see you're from CT. Have you ever traveled to Newington on Saturday nights? Great cruise there by Mopars in Motion Club.
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

Charger-Bodie

Rob,

Just tell him its got the parade package , and thats why it waves ....its just trying to be friendly!!  :nana:

Just kidding of coarse , I know its hard to ignore jerks like that but , thats about all you can do is ignore him. He is just plain jealous!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

mikesbbody

Jealousy,,,plain and simple....
:iagree: as mentioned by charger01 some people put down what they cant have.

472 R/T SE

I get grief from folks for "ruining" my car by shelving the #'s drivetrain.  Chuck Hoffman was a previous owner and he told an acquaintance that I ruined a $80k car.  :o  After I heard that I made small talk with him at the next show I seen him at and told him I sold the motor to pay for the overdrive & a dana.  You should have seen the look on his face.   :icon_smile_wink:

You can let it get to you or maybe have some fun with it.  As long as you've been in the hobby, this can't be the first time something like this has happened?  :shruggy:

1969chargerrtse

Ah, my family forum group.  Thanks guys.  I just don't understand the thinking of some people?  I don't have a jealous bone in my body and wish everyone the best, what makes people say negative things like that is beyond me?   This "friend" is either nuts, or for some weird  odd disturbed reason enjoying lying to the enemy?  Friggin got me?  I just look forward to getting this car back together tomorrow.  I can't wait to cruise around in that beautiful beautiful car.

:drive:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

TUFCAT

I'd like to see HIS car!!!  Oh, that's right... he doesn't have one right??  If somebody has something better than me - - I'm proud for them.  If they have something better than me, and  want to rub my face in it - - then I get pissed off. 

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on April 04, 2008, 08:07:56 PM
     I get grief from folks for "ruining" my car by shelving the #'s drivetrain.  Chuck Hoffman was a previous owner and he told an acquaintance that I ruined a $80k car.  :o  After I heard that I made small talk with him at the next show I seen him at and told him I sold the motor to pay for the overdrive & a dana.  You should have seen the look on his face.   :icon_smile_wink:

You can let it get to you or maybe have some fun with it.  As long as you've been in the hobby, this can't be the first time something like this has happened?  :shruggy:
"this can't be the first time something like this has happened?" It is.  I have always been a loner with my cars, and I've been playing with cars and bikes for over 35 years.  I drive and drive them.  I used to go to shows but left when trophy time came.  It's a very personnel love for me.  It's about one thing to me.  My deep deep love for cars and nothing else.  I just love cruising around and listening to motors purr, I never ever have a radio on.  Just me and machine.   As for having fun with it?   Thats just not me.  I Cherish the close friends I have and I just don't play games with people.  I understand people do, but I just don't.  Life is to short and beautiful for that stuff. 

Drache

he sounds like all the car guys that will come up at a car show and give you grief that your car is not 100% perfect and the parts arent all stock. Those types of guys dont know what owning a car is all about, they are in it for the money, not the joy.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

69bronzeT5

Rob, your car looks flawless. The body and paint in the first picture looks AMAZING. I'm sure the person is just jealous :yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

sick dawg

No big deal! don't pay him any mind. Who cares?
One of my cars is painted up as a General Lee,you wouldn't believe some of the crap I get to hear about it!
I love it anyway.

rt green

the guys that think there's bondo in it are the guys you dont like anyways, right?
third string oil changer

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: sick dawg on April 04, 2008, 08:55:10 PM
No big deal! don't pay him any mind. Who cares?
One of my cars is painted up as a General Lee,you wouldn't believe some of the crap I get to hear about it!
I love it anyway.
I hear ya but I can't pin point If I'm being betrayed, or what?  It makes no sense.  It's a beautiful as you see in the picture. Remember I have to work with him.  It's hard for me when I can't mention what I know, and what I know makes no sense?   People are weird.   Sad.

472 R/T SE

Oh, you never said you worked with him.  Step up to the plate, ask him point blank what his deal is?  :shruggy: 

It obviously bothers you, so there's no sense putting on a face when you're working with him.  I couldn't nor wouldn't do it.  Put him on the spot and see what he has to say.

:Twocents: :Twocents:

Chris G.

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 04, 2008, 06:10:47 PM
What hurt me was someone told me today that he told some others in my field ( some I don't care for ) that my car may look good in the garage but outside you'll see it's all bondo.

Prove him wrong and pull up with a bunch of fridge magnets all over the car.  ;)

I have pretty much weeded out the negative car people I used to be around. Sounds like you may need to do the same.  :Twocents:

Mike DC

Sorry to hear the story.  You'd think people could let it be.

I'm also firmly in the "don't bother trying to correct other people about your car" camp. 

It's not just that you can't please everyone . . . you can't even please very many of them at all.  If they're not telling you that the car needs painting or the motor needs upgrading, then they're telling you that the new paintjob or the new motor you just added has "ruined" the car. 

daytonalo

Jealousy for sure , nice car !! I agree Rumors hurt , for example ,My ex girl started a Rumor that I have a small package , problem is It's true !!!!!!!!!!! :icon_smile_big:

hemihead

The whole thing seems childish to me . Are we back in school now ? He shouldn't care about the car you own and you shouldn't care what he thinks either .  :Twocents:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

JimShine

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on April 04, 2008, 09:58:54 PM

I'm also firmly in the "don't bother trying to correct other people about your car" camp.  It's not just that you can't please everyone . . . you can't even please very many of them at all.   

+1 :2thumbs:

Sometimes people will talk junk to prove something. Example, the conversation could very well have began by others complimenting your car. Then he starts throwing out negative comments about it like he has a better eye for spotting bodywork than the others.