News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

308 vs. edey rpm

Started by THMPN73, April 04, 2008, 11:48:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THMPN73

Hey guys,
It has been awhile since I have been able to work on my car but hopefully this summer will be different! Right now my engine combo is as follows:

750 edey carb
airgap intake
comp cams 20-224-4
stock 308 heads from a 91 pickup
KB107 hypereutectic pistons (.030 over)
2200 stall
518a tranny
4.10 gears

Last time i ran at the track in my 73 charger i made a 14.3 pass. I am looking to buy a set of edelbrock rpm heads and comp cams magnum roller rockers. Now some people have been telling me to stick with the 308s and just get them worked, while others say go with the rpm's. I can get the rpms at about 680 assembled a pop so either way it would cost me about the same. I am just looking for some opinions and was hoping that this year I would be running in the 13s. Any ideas on a ballpark horsepower pickup as well?

Also what is the cc's on the 308s? will i be losing compression ratio?
Don't worry, I've got good tires...

Chryco Psycho

the 308 is 66 cc so same as what you have , you will lose heat to the alum with the ewddy heads though so you  lose comporession effectively with the eddys , also eddys typically have bad core shift & need more expensive Cometic gaskets unless you liek changing head gaskets , I have dyno proven 308 ported will give you 60 Gross / 41 RWHP gain with no ther changes , I would use 308s

THMPN73

would you say the 308s actually outflow the rpms? and what about the weight factor? wouldnt i be shedding quite a few pounds

thanks
THMPN

firefighter3931

The stock 308's will not outflow the stock E-heads.  :Twocents:

There is some weight difference as well....probably in the 40 lbs range or so. Aluminum heads work well with 10:1 compression or more.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

THMPN73

should i get the 1.5 roller rockers or the 1.6 ratio for comp cams magnum rockers

firefighter3931

Quote from: THMPN73 on April 10, 2008, 05:50:16 PM
should i get the 1.5 roller rockers or the 1.6 ratio for comp cams magnum rockers

If you're going with the Edelbrock heads then the 1.6's would be my choice to increase the rate of lift as well as total lift. This will take advantage of the better flow above .500 valve lift.  :Twocents:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs