News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stay away from "Mopars by Crane"

Started by hutch, April 04, 2008, 08:24:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch

http://moparsbycrane.com/

6 weeks ago I bought a set of Lokar cables from this guy and after two weeks of no cables in the mail, I tried to call and email asking for a status.  No reply.  Week 3 comes and goes so I call and leave a message with them that if I dont get a status I need to pull my credit card payment because I dont have what you charged me for in hand.  Then I get a email back that the cables have been shipped.  Well week 4, week 5 come and go and still no fucking cables.  So I call them back and still dont get anyone on the phone and tell them where are my cables.

Then I get an email telling me the cables are on there way and I should get them any day now.  Week 6 goes by and still no cables.

So I called the credit card company and told them I was ripped off and they hooked me up.

So as a result of this mess I wanted to let some of you know that this company might not be that great of a deal so watch out.  I now have this place on my Jims Auto Parts style shit list.

In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

Nacho-RT74

I got some stuff from them, and I have to accept they weren't 100% efficient on service, not that bad you are describing, but not perfect either. Missed alt wires strap, but never will now if they really sent or my international shipper missed.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Kevin68N71

I think some of the companies are single man operations.  I purchased a gas tank mat (vibration mat) from Crane and had no problems, however when I called and spoke to the woman, maybe the wife--not sure, it sounded like she was at her house.  Not that I have a problem with home based businesses at all, but I think collectively we see a website so we think something might be a big time operation like Paddock, and that is not necessarily true.

It may be cash flow situations....they can't buy YOUR part that you ordered from their source until they pay off a much larger debt to that source, so everything has to get inline and the wait extends due to the "domino effect".  I am not accusing Crane of this, I don't know them beyond my one purchase, but that might be the case--they were not trying to rip you off but it was a cash flow issue.

:shruggy:
Do I have the last, operational Popcar Spacemobile?

69charger440

I ordered my lokar kick down cable with them. got it it 3 days! I had no problem with them!! And the cable worked great!! Sorry for the bad luck. Maybe I just got lucky!
1969 Charger 540 Blown Hemi 1000HP, 69 Road Runner 500 Stroker 665 HP

terrible one

Either way, it's Crane's responsibility to provide the parts if they're offering them. That's business.

And obviously they're scared to talk to hutch on the phone!  :rofl:

69charger440

1969 Charger 540 Blown Hemi 1000HP, 69 Road Runner 500 Stroker 665 HP

Old Moparz

I haven't ordered from Crane yet & it's ashame they are getting comments for less then decent service. When I had seen their products at the Mopar Nationals a few years ago, they had some nice parts as well as having a few things that other vendors weren't stocking. There now seems to be a handful of vendors, that unless they have the part at a swap meet & you can actually put your hands on it, it's a scary thought to order from them.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry