News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NADA guide prices?

Started by ChargerST, April 06, 2008, 06:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerST

It's been a long time since I last checked the different price guides (NADA,...). When I checked today I was wondering if they adjusted the prices down? I expected higher prices..

Do they take the slower market into consideration or were the prices always like that?

1970 Charger R/T (low retail = daily driver, older restauration but still nice) for 20k?

BrianShaughnessy

They never adjusted up far enough up to have to be adjusted down.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

charger_mike75

They seemed to be the same since the last time I checked

Tilar

NADA is pretty close... KBB is roughly 60%.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

68charger383

I checked on a few cars I was looking into buying in July 2007 and the prices now are about 10-15% lower then they were back then.

NADA values are really not worth anything....except to show the wife what agreat investment the charger is turning out to be  :icon_smile_wink:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

69charger2002

NADA classic car prices were a ridiculous joke for a while. it was fun to show friends how high the prices were, but they were not a realistic value of our cars.. maybe they have adjusted down to better show actual value
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Nacho-RT74

welll mine on HIGH retail price is now on $27,720   :o

dunno remember how much was 6 months ago, but don't think it was that much

however mine is not USA built, and Rallye package was partially added, sooo, dunno if that would affect too much

well, I don't think mine enters on HIGH retail price rate... far a way from that

NOTE... 360 WORTHS MORE THAN 400
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Mike DC

The official price guidelines don't account for the modern car scene at all. 

Reading those things, you could come away thinking that your '71 HemiCuda clone would be worth more money if you yanked out the $20,000 Hemi/4spd/Dana drivetrain and reinstalled the original 318/727.

BlueSS454

I just checked for laughs on all 3 of my cars.  The Charger at high retail comes in at $55K which I find to be way high.  The 70 SS454, although a clone is high retail $30K (about right), and the 69 Malibu is at high retail $23K (also a little high).
Tom Rightler

71ChallengeHer

Average retail on my Chally is $36,720. I can't get a value on the Super Coupe. :shruggy:

ChargerST

I don't want to offend anyone but most cars on the street are in the low or average retail value section:

QuoteLow Retail Value
This vehicle would be in mechanically functional condition, needing only minor reconditioning. The exterior paint, trim, and interior would show normal wear, needing only minor reconditioning. May also be a deteriorated restoration or a very poor amateur restoration. Most usable "as-is".

Some of the vehicles in this publication could be considered "Daily Drivers" and are not valued as a classic vehicle. When determining a value for a daily driver, it is recommended that the subscriber use the low retail value.

Note: This value does not represent a "parts car".
Average Retail Value
This vehicle would be in good condition overall. It could be an older restoration or a well-maintained original vehicle. Completely operable. The exterior paint, trim, and mechanics are presentable and serviceable inside and out. A "20-footer".
High Retail Value
This vehicle would be in excellent condition overall. It could be a completely restored or an extremely well maintained original vehicle showing very minimal wear. The exterior paint, trim, and mechanics are not in need of reconditioning. The interior would be in excellent condition. Note: This value does not represent a "100 Point" or "# 1" vehicle *.

* "100 Point" or "# 1" vehicle is not driven. It would generally be in a museum or transported in an enclosed trailer to concourse judging and car shows. This type of car would be stored in a climate-regulated facility.

hemi-hampton

When I checked my 70 charger r/t like 2-3 years ago the NADA Price was a rediculous high of around $110k if I remember right. They must have drastically dropped recently? :shruggy: LEON.

1969chargerrtse

A while back I had my own auto repair business. I used to go to all the large auctions and buy cars from mint to totaled.  I "used" to carry the Kelly blue book or NADA.  After losing money I grabbed about 4 months of our local Bargain News.  I would carry those with me to the auctions and look up the average price of what I was bidding on.  This worked fantastic as my future customer was probably doing the same.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.