News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is he thinking

Started by charger01, April 02, 2008, 12:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

I don't know what he's thinking, but being so close to the border he probably gets some pretty strong mexican weed.  ::)
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

RECHRGD

Well now, another rare 383 R/T car and with a buy it now price of only 200K.  That car needs the dash redone, has an incomplete interior and I'm sure has many other issues.  From the vin#, it is a 318 car.  If your going to clone an R/T, at least put a 440 in there and post an engine bay picture!  Oh well, it's good to see the market has turned around.  I should put my clone on e-bay for 250K and see what happens! :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

charger01

Quote from: RECHRGD on April 02, 2008, 12:32:46 PMOh well, it's good to see the market has turned around.  I should put my clone on e-bay for 250K and see what happens!

:lol: :lol:  It would appear so huh

moparstuart

Quote from: charger01 on April 02, 2008, 12:36:53 PM
Quote from: RECHRGD on April 02, 2008, 12:32:46 PM  Oh well, it's good to see the market has turned around.  I should put my clone on e-bay for 250K and see what happens!

:lol: :lol:  It would appear so huh
he need to put the crack pipe down and step away  :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Death1970Proof

Yea I know....75g and he wont even show the engine in it.  I dont own anything perfect by any means but you can see some of the wear spots on it (especially the dash area)-and Im not nitpicking here but for $75k+ it had better be immaculate!!
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

TK73

The thought process:

"money, money, money..."
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Kevin68N71

The guy is watching too many BJ auctions.

What I find hilarious is go to the completed listings for 1968-1970 Chargers.

Of the 54 cars there just on the first page 37 did not hit their precious freaking reserve and didn't sell.  That's 68%, or more than 2/3rds of the listings.  I find this very typical of all Mopars of the preferred 1968-1971 range at the least.  Notice that most of the cars that sold were more beaters in the sub-10K range and cars in the 20k range, which in my mind, is what these cars are worth.

I don't know what it is with these sellers.  Don't they look at what similar cars in auctions have gone for?  They really think their 1/2 @ssed restoration is worth $100K?  Do they realize they still have to pay EBAY insertion fees?

I have noticed this trend now going on YEARS and people just keep doing it, and the only people laughing are us and the people at EBAY.
Do I have the last, operational Popcar Spacemobile?

TK73

What "completed listings"?  Where is that?

charger01

Quote from: TK73 on April 02, 2008, 01:11:08 PM

Ebay has a "completed auctions" option to search.  must be a member to click it.

TK73

Quote from: charger01 on April 02, 2008, 01:12:55 PM

Ebay has a "completed auctions" option to search.  must be a member to click it.

ahhh, not logged in, just surfing...

charger01

Quote from: TK73 on April 02, 2008, 01:14:10 PM

Well, be sure to log in before you click his buy it now option. :icon_smile_big:

TK73

Quote from: charger01 on April 02, 2008, 01:16:08 PM
Quote from: TK73 on April 02, 2008, 01:14:10 PM

Well, be sure to log in before you click his buy it now option. :icon_smile_big:

Yeah, I just got off the phone with the bank, I'm mortgaging my kids for 200k to get that GREAT DEAL!!

Dave22443

One would think for that kind of cash he would have remembered to re-install the drivers side mirror, not to mention the front bumperetts and the other half of the trunk/tail panel chrome.  :rotz: 

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

700jfm

75,000 in Peso is still to much.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Dave22443 on April 02, 2008, 01:31:06 PM
One would think for that kind of cash he would have remembered to re-install the drivers side mirror, not to mention the front bumperetts and the other half of the trunk/tail panel chrome.  :rotz: 
And put a straight front valance on, fix his pinion seal leak & at least spray-bombed the diff housing. A window crank handle on the right door would be nice, but I can agree with why it's missing...probably hits that bling speaker when he cranks it. No arm rest either....ok, I'll stop. ::)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Brock Samson

lettuce recommend it to runninghorn...  :D

68charger383

Is it me or is the car with the new suspension listing to one side......

1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

moparstuart

Quote from: Brock Samson on April 02, 2008, 03:00:32 PM
lettuce recommend it to runninghorn...  :D
those two guys would make a great match  :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

68chrgrwife

dang..i live like 20 minutes from Chulajuanna and I have never seen that car before.  and hell that is one freaking expensive car.
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

tipopiola

So my number's matching  R/T 4-speed must be worth at least $350,000.  Anyone wanna buy it?

70 Charger RT

Quoteand the other half of the trunk/tail panel chrome
I noticed that too.  If he gets what he is asking, my 69 RT SE must be worth 300k or more :icon_smile_big:
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

PocketThunder

Quote from: 68charger383 on April 02, 2008, 03:05:16 PM

i thought about that too but maybe the parking lot is sloped for drainage.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

sick dawg

I figured it out! Everbody seems to have missed it. It's the custom chrome gas tank! Do I have to point everything out now? :D

charger01

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on April 02, 2008, 02:56:22 PM
Quote from: Dave22443 on April 02, 2008, 01:31:06 PM
And put a straight front valance on, fix his pinion seal leak & at least spray-bombed the diff housing.

He said it is "virtually leak free"......guess that means almost :icon_smile_big:

Sinister68

Thats the longest run-on sentence I've ever seen before.  :o  ::)
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: 68charger383 on April 02, 2008, 03:05:16 PM

I think it's leaning cause of the big guy in the passenger seat. :smilielol: :smilielol:

suntech

Maybe a nice car on a 1/4 mile distance :D Does´nt look very professional done though. Must have added a 0 to much, when he set the price :D
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

charger01

Looks like he added some engine pics to show off that 150 mile brand new engine......maybe he meant 150 miles on the most recent oil change. :shruggy:

RDR-838

Pistolpete

'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

68charger383

Looks like he finally wised up and let it go without a crazy starting bid.....but someone bid $20K on the car and reserve not met.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Charger-383-RT-1968-dodge-charger_W0QQitemZ230238394167QQcmdZViewItem
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

chargerboy69

A 5 year frame off restoration and 125 miles on the engine. . . :icon_bs:

What kind of tool would splice together his heater hoses. Run your fat a$$ down to Autozone and pay $3.00 for a new piece of heater hose. And what chrome gas tank? It looks Rustoleum flat black to me with a touch of gloss black where body color got on it.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

RDR-838

Yeah, but it's been inspected. ::)

myk

Christ, I'd stay away on the count of his bad grammar.  "383 R/T" doesn't help either.  You know, I live 20 minutes from this douche-I should drive by and show him up...

Dave22443

There you go MYK,

Call him up and tell him you are interested in the car but that you want to inspect it in person.  Then show up in your '69 and show him what a real restoration looks like  :smilielol:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

charger01

That's odd......It didnt sell and relisted with a starting bid of 30,000,reserve not met.........Kinda curious what exactly his reserve is?