News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

scammed or not..?

Started by duo-stripe, April 02, 2008, 11:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duo-stripe

Hey there,

A few months ago a friend of mine saw an early b-body for sale on Ebay; to make a long story short...i called the owner of the car, asked for the "buy-it-now"price and made a deal; car had some rustissues on the front floorpanels, little patches on the front fenders,  rear quarters and rear wheel wells. The seller also had a 426 wedge block for sale; supposed to be original bore. I bought the car, paid the money and arranged the transport from the US to Holland ( Europe ) where I live. We picked the car up and started to tear it down for resto.
We found MUCH more rust than i was informed about; the cowl ( almost the most important part on an early b..), the complete floor is shot, the rear wheelwells were made out of sheetmetal and bondo and are totally gone.
Then..i brought the engine to my engine builder and he called me to come and take a look at it.... 8 cracks due to frost. Engineblock is not salvage-able so i can only use it as a table or something..
i have tried to get some info/reaction from the seller but he e-mailed me that it is a common thing to run into more work when you start taking a car apart;'i said i didn't agree with that and we mailed a few times about that. He told me a few weeks ago that he was gonna look for another engine but no reaction till this moment.
I know i have ended the auction so maybe i have no case, but i was wondering what you think of this situation..
I dont wanna mention which car it is, nor do i want to put on a name and address here, because i still believe the seller maybe wants to settle something with me and arrange some kind of "warranty"
i paid 11.5k for an early post car with a 426 engine block.

thanks,
Marcel
MoPars overseas...<br />MoPars in the Netherlands

charger01

Unfortunately I dont see what you can do.  Especially buying outside of ebay.  Good luck

CB

marcel....I think you are screwed.
Why not spend $600 on a ticket and close the deal in person??
I don't get it...
Feel sorry for your loss.
CB (Christian)
1968 Dodge Coronet 500