News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

oh no

Started by chargerkid01, April 02, 2008, 05:49:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerkid01

don't buy it

chargerkid01

now here is the story. I found this beautiful car on ebay first mistake contacted him about the buy it now price of 6 grand (no charger that nice goes cheap) I actually went and got a loan for it this isn't so bad because since I didn't send money I have 6 thousand to throw at my charger yay!! It started to get to real to be true when I went to moneygram to send the money they refused. So being smarter than the average charger wanting kid I contacted be gave them the suposed emails I got from them and I was told fraud!! Don't it suck I really thought this was my chance to fall into shit and come out smelling like roses!! You every kid's dream 2 69 chargers I could still build mine and have one to drive this sucks I'm going to my corner and cry!! :'( :brickwall: :flame:

TruckDriver

Ebay is loaded with scams like that. It's not the first, won't be the last. The car was most likely a picture they just grabbed off the web some where. There have been board member's cars pictures that were used for that in the past.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

oldcarnut

Sorry to hear about your experience. Here's another one for you.  A Superbird with a buy it now of 37K in the description.  The bid is up to 50K--go figure.  Almost every time I've seen most frauds, they have the too good to be true price and add the please email me at this separate address in the description.  If you ever have those suspicions about an auction you can always use the "Live Help" button and ask about it.  Most of the legit ones are going to give you a phone number and a name to contact.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-Plymouth-Superbird-NASCAR_W0QQitemZ230236245348QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230236245348

chargerkid01

yeah I was really hopeing to get a car to drive around while finishing mine but that isn't going to happen!! Oh I just back from the bank they lowered my loan to 2200 because I just said I'll keep the loan to fix my car and since it is in the shape that it is they wouldn't give me the full amount but it all helps and she said they will keep doing this until I can either take a huge amount out or the car is done!! I went from :'( :brickwall: :flame: to :yesnod: :2thumbs: thank god someone still has respect for someone and not try to screw them!!!

Dave22443

Also notice in oldcarnut's link that the "text" is actually an image file where they scanned a picture of text and uploaded it instead of typing it out in the add.  I believe scammers do this to help them fly under the eBay radar.  I'm sure eBay uses some sort of key-word search engine to seak out these things, but a search program can't read pictures.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

The70RT

I wouldn't even contact them. I did once and told the seller he was a scammer and he hacked my eBay account and tried to sell one on my account. eBay found out sooner than I did and closed my account. I had to start all over again. I lost 5,000 feedback.....not that I cared about that though.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

terrible one

I wouldn't have even looked twice at the ad for that thing for $6k . . . there's hundreds of them all over Ebay! Total, obvious scams.

nh_mopar_fan

I can't believe that anyone falls for this anymore.

TK73

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on April 02, 2008, 10:48:50 AM

No F-in doubt...   :rotz:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

bull

Actually, given the high price of Chargers $6k for a bunch of pictures of one might be a pretty good deal.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: bull on April 02, 2008, 01:14:26 PM
Actually, given the high price of Chargers $6k for a bunch of pictures of one might be a pretty good deal.

Lord knows I have a bunch for sale :haha:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

472 R/T SE

Quote from: The70RT on April 02, 2008, 09:38:37 AM
I wouldn't even contact them. I did once and told the seller he was a scammer and he hacked my eBay account and tried to sell one on my account. eBay found out sooner than I did and closed my account. I had to start all over again. I lost 5,000 feedback.....not that I cared about that though.

To contact them you have to enter your password 99% of the time.  Most of the time, the webpage is a copy of an exact ebay log in page with the sole purpose of snatching your account information.

The scam artists' can't manipulate your account unless you enable them.  :Twocents:

Too good to be true means just that.

sick dawg

Remember the first rule. Fall in shit, always smell like shit.  Sad, but true. :'(

chargerkid01

your rule is not always true my best friend is living proof!! Quit ragging on me I'm new to the car and ebay word!! Thanks guys you are all really nice :icon_smile_angry: I didnt give information nor did I send any money smarter than most!!

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

mikesbbody

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 02, 2008, 06:48:00 PM
Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on April 02, 2008, 10:48:50 AM
:iagree:
if its too good to be true then it probably is

JimShine

Simple common sense points to it being a huge scam. This isn't some undiscovered gem stumbled upon on a backroad. This is a car listed on the worlds largest auction site with thousands of people looking for that particular car lurking at any given moment.

Khyron

Quote from: sick dawg on April 02, 2008, 04:30:15 PM
Remember the first rule. Fall in shit, always smell like shit.  Sad, but true. :'(

Quote from: chargerkid01 on April 02, 2008, 05:46:49 PM
your rule is not always true my best friend is living proof!!

Your friend fell in shit and didn't smell like shit?

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Troy

Ok, give it a rest.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.