News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Car prices really down @ Palm Beach...

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, March 28, 2008, 05:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

471_Magnum

That GTX is obviously a repaint. The V7X pinstripe is missing and V8X (hood-fender) stripe is applied incorrectly. Another case of the "survivor term being applied a bit too liberally.

That said, having just sold and bought a couple of 71 GTXs myself, I'd say that car was bought pretty well if it was truly rust free. 71 GTXs VERY are hard to find, particularly so with the 4 speed. Only 3000 or so produced, with 300 or so 4 speeds. I feel they are generally under valued and under appreciated.

The dates are conveniently smudged out on the photos, which tells me those photos are not recent. True condition probably wasn't as nice as the photos would seem to indicate. Pictures never tell all.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

greenpigs

QuoteThey were interviewing Mr. Jackson and he said in the past they have not televised the first few days of the auction and the prices like this are normal.

I wouldn't believe a word the guy has to say
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

bzabodyn

Quote from: Magnumcharger on March 28, 2008, 02:39:38 PM
You know, the seller of that car is probably slitting his wrists right about now.
No way in hell he could have restored that car for any less than 50K, and then there's the original buy-in price as well.
I feel sorry for that poor fool. :eek2:

I didn't read anything about the car being "restored"??? The description says it was an original, survivor car...  :shruggy:

BZ

EDIT - if I would have read a few more posts, I would have seen you all caught that too... overall, most prices looked fair to me other than the '66 Hemi Charger and the two deemed "survivor" 440 Superbirds...

1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

JimShine

I watched a 70 Super Bee with non-stock 440 6 pack, 1968 dash, and flawed trim sell for $50K. That seemed like alot of money to me for a car that was non-original with period incorrect parts and in need of firther restoration.

ChargerSG

$50k for that was way to much for that car... :eek2:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 471_Magnum on March 30, 2008, 09:40:58 AM
That GTX is obviously a repaint. The V7X pinstripe is missing and V8X (hood-fender) stripe is applied incorrectly. Another case of the "survivor term being applied a bit too liberally.

That said, having just sold and bought a couple of 71 GTXs myself, I'd say that car was bought pretty well if it was truly rust free. 71 GTXs VERY are hard to find, particularly so with the 4 speed. Only 3000 or so produced, with 300 or so 4 speeds. I feel they are generally under valued and under appreciated.

The dates are conveniently smudged out on the photos, which tells me those photos are not recent. True condition probably wasn't as nice as the photos would seem to indicate. Pictures never tell all.
I saw it live on TV go across the block (as well as outside in the sun in the staging area) and it looked as good, if not better than the pics
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemi-hampton

Since I restore cars for a living it took me about 2 seconds to see that GTX had a quicky unprofessional Earl Scheib resto performed on it. It is also getting popular to have a weathered worn 80's resto passed off as original. I assume thats the case here. :brickwall: :scratchchin: :shruggy: :Twocents: :slap: LEON.