News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Should I put a fiberglass 6 pack hood on my 69?

Started by Hemidoug, April 01, 2008, 12:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemidoug

Need your opinion on this one....I'm thinking of going to a fiberglass 6 pack type hood for the upcoming season (mostly for the Pinks race). What do you guys think? Should I smudge the "factory" lines with a fresh air hood or keep it stock? I think it would look good given the color combo on the car.....
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

six-tee-nine

Since I found one really closeby the other day I thought the same thing.

BUT :

69's were not available as six-packs so IMO not done because of the not being orginal thing. But your 69 is a Hemi, right? So factory looks is maybe not the issue...

Anyway, they look killer, if my 69 were a 70 I'd be building a six-pack clone for sure....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

moparstuart

they look great with the T/A style hood IMO
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Hmmm....maybe...only if you paint it silver though....not black
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Lowprofile

If it gives you any performance gains for the race I say go for it! :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

bordin34

I think that any performance gains will be negated by the wind resistance of the hood. The lines will look much better without it.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

supserdave

CB

I love the 6 pack hood on a 2nd gen!!

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

BB1

I will probably do the same, only because my Hemi wont fit under a stock hood.
Delete my profile

Troy

I wouldn't put anything on your 69 - I have a hard enough time putting parts on my own car(s)... :P

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on April 01, 2008, 02:05:56 PM
Hmmm....maybe...only if you paint it silver though....not black

I'd say only if you paint it black. 
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Joshua

Six-pack scoops don't look good IMO on 2nd gen Chargers....it just doesn't FLOW well with the indents in the hood...'68 Hemi Dart/Barracuda scoops fit better.

mally69

DO IT it would look cool.. Look at the photoshop thread. I have pics of my 69 with a black sixpack scoop. Post up a pic of your car and see if ds440 will photoshop it then that way you can see exactly what your car would look like with one on. :icon_smile_big:

Charger_Fan

Sure, why not? Besides, it's not like you're gonna keep it that way permanently, right?

Or do a T/A scoop like MoparStuart said...just to be different.
Here's fellow member Mikes68Charger's car...looks pretty darn schweet, I'd say! :drool5:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

NYCMille

Hell yea Doug... sometimes it's nice to stray from the norm. Do it up man.

spang

UFO

Looks great on this guy's car.So yeah go for it.
In silver of course.
Besides it's only four screws to change it back.

HITMAN 149

hmmmmm i love the look of a six pack hood on a 2nd gen!!!! and it's not like you'd be gauging up the orig stock hood!!!
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

HITMAN 149

OR here ya go!!!!!!!!! hahahaha
woaaaaaaaaaa now that's a scoooooop
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

mally69

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on April 01, 2008, 07:39:31 PM
hmmmmm i love the look of a six pack hood on a 2nd gen!!!! and it's not like you'd be gauging up the orig stock hood!!!

Is this your car....?   If so then  :drool5:

Hemidoug

Quote from: Troy on April 01, 2008, 04:01:59 PM
I wouldn't put anything on your 69 - I have a hard enough time putting parts on my own car(s)... :P

Troy

There...now it's fixed... :icon_smile_big:

So what should I do?

The idea is to buy something off the shelf that would be easy to bolt on the car and give me a fresh air option....I got to thinking (allways a dangerous thing) that a 'glass 6 pack style hood would be an easy way to go, as well as look somewhat good. I think it would look good left in black but I really don't know....

I'm waiting to dial the car in at the track...depending on what times she runs now I may go with a stage V manifold which will require a different aircleaner, one which would mate up to the 6 pack hood rather nicely.

Here is another view of the car. Maybe someone can photo shop one on to see what it would look like...
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Hemidoug on April 01, 2008, 12:04:07 PM
Need your opinion on this one....I'm thinking of going to a fiberglass 6 pack type hood for the upcoming season (mostly for the Pinks race). What do you guys think? Should I smudge the "factory" lines with a fresh air hood or keep it stock? I think it would look good given the color combo on the car.....
No.  Some things can't be improved.  Your car is awesome as it is, and if you're keeping your promise for a ride in PA this summer, I don't want to have to look over the unwanted thing.  :icon_smile_wink:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

472 R/T SE

Are you worried about clearance issues in case you run a Stage V intake?  Do they make a Stage V base plate for the stock air cleaner lid? 
     IMO, you're too stock appearing for a six pack hood.  :shruggy:  Maybe if you were running aftermarket wheels & some chrome scattered about in the engine bay.  :Twocents:

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............