News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Steering shaft

Started by jwilk01, September 19, 2007, 09:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwilk01

Hey guys, I am converting my manual steering over to a power steering set up.  Question is I have a power steering column out of a 70 roadrunner and obviously I can't use that in my 68 charger, but can I just swap out the shafts?

Thanks
Josh

jwilk01

I guess noone knows, Guess I will be the first to try.  I will let you know how it goes.

Later
Josh

jwilk01

Well taking out just a steering shaft and switching it with a power steering shaft is very easy.  Also a 70 roadrunner steering shaft will work.  And it is an amazing differance to have power steering compared to the old manual steering, it is like a new car.

Later
Josh

1969chargerrtse

Cool, thanks for the info.  Don't you just love the Mopar power steering feel back then?   :ohhthesarcasm: There is no road feel at all. 
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

y3chargerrt

Firm feel steering box!!

chargerbr549

Here's a link on some interesting information on getting a little better road feel using stock parts.

http://www.bigblockdart.com/techpages/pspumps.shtml