News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got myself a Superbee hood

Started by General_01, March 30, 2008, 02:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_01

Placed a wanted ad in parts and was emailed by a guy who lives about 20-25 minutes away. :o His name is Craig. Very cool guy. I traded him my bulge hood and a little cash. The hood needs a couple dings taken out and then a paint job, but I am happy. :icon_smile_big:

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

dads_69

Awesome. My neighbor has a lime green hood like that. He wants 2 grand for it though and its in worse cond. than what you have. He watches eBay prices and the B/J auction prices, so theres his mentality more less. Hes high IMO.
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Death1970Proof

Quote from: General_01 on March 30, 2008, 02:39:23 PM
Placed a wanted ad in parts and was emailed by a guy who lives about 20-25 minutes away. :o His name is Craig. Very cool guy. I traded him my bulge hood and a little cash. The hood needs a couple dings taken out and then a paint job, but I am happy. :icon_smile_big:

Nice score!!  :2thumbs: Do the emblems say 340 MAGNUM? Did anyone know the difference between the 340 and 340 MAGNUM?? Or was it just a different way of marketing between dodge/plymouth products??
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

General_01

Quote from: dads_69 on March 30, 2008, 02:52:27 PM
Awesome. My neighbor has a lime green hood like that. He wants 2 grand for it though and its in worse cond. than what you have. He watches eBay prices and the B/J auction prices, so theres his mentality more less. Hes high IMO.

I agree. That sounds more like a Ramcharger hood price a a completly restored and painted Bee hood.

Quote from: Death1970Proof on March 30, 2008, 04:14:18 PM

Nice score!!  :2thumbs: Do the emblems say 340 MAGNUM? Did anyone know the difference between the 340 and 340 MAGNUM?? Or was it just a different way of marketing between dodge/plymouth products??

Yes, it says 340 Magnum. I will be changing them to read 383 Magnum. I don't really know the difference between a 340 magnum and a non-magnum, if there is a difference.
496 stroker
4-speed

pettyfan43

No Difference at all just a cool callout.

Death1970Proof

Quote from: pettyfan43 on March 30, 2008, 04:46:06 PM

:2thumbs:
Intresting also that you could get the super bee with the 340 , I thought all super bees were standard with the 383 in 1971. You learn something every day!
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

superduperbee

Quote from: Death1970Proof on March 30, 2008, 04:51:42 PM
Quote from: pettyfan43 on March 30, 2008, 04:46:06 PM

:2thumbs:
Intresting also that you could get the super bee with the 340 , I thought all super bees were standard with the 383 in 1971. You learn something every day!

383 was standard. 340 was an option, only 4-500 340 Super Bees built.

Charger1973

Thats luck dude.  Congrats.   :2thumbs:

mikesbbody

great score!  :cheers: you were looking for a bulge hood for quite awhile right? and you got the insert too good job  :2thumbs:

TruckDriver

Cool! :cheers:

When I had my last Charger. I was looking a for a bulge hood the whole time I had the car. I could never find one at a realistic price. In the past 2 months, I seen a lot of them guys been picking up ::)
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

terrible one

Great score!

. . . and BEAUTIFUL Charger! I love the color (Citron Yella?) and the Keystones look perfect on it!

General_01

Quote from: mikesbbody on March 30, 2008, 06:02:21 PM
great score! :cheers: you were looking for a bulge hood for quite awhile right? and you got the insert too good job :2thumbs:

Actually,no. I always had a bulge hood on the car. I put a post in the parts wanted section and the next day Craig emailed me and within a week it is in my garage. Got lucky.

Quote from: terrible one on March 30, 2008, 06:49:40 PM

Great score!

. . . and BEAUTIFUL Charger! I love the color (Citron Yella?) and the Keystones look perfect on it!

Yep. And those are just some 14" Keystones on it that I have had for about 20 years. I still have the 15" Keystones in storage in the basement that I always had on the Bee when I drove it regularly. They will be going back on this car with some new BFG's this summer.

Thanks for all the thumbs up. I am selling my 69 and getting this car back in shape to roll will make me miss the 69 even less.
496 stroker
4-speed

71_Charger_R/T

Score! :2thumbs: Nice car!  Did you show your car at the world of wheels show in Duluth a number of years back?

General_01

Quote from: 71_Charger_R/T on March 30, 2008, 07:19:46 PM
Score! :2thumbs: Nice car! Did you show your car at the world of wheels show in Duluth a number of years back?

No, I did not show the car at the WOW show in Duluth or anywhere else. Thanks for thinking it looks that nice though. :icon_smile_big:
496 stroker
4-speed

ITSA426

mikesbbody

this is kinda off topic but would you ever consider changing your bee back to a 4 speed?

PocketThunder

Quote from: mikesbbody on March 31, 2008, 03:30:12 AM
this is kinda off topic but would you ever consider changing your bee back to a 4 speed?

No, he's getting too old to shift.   :smilielol:   :smilielol:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69Charger_440

Nice score!  Not to steal this thread, but there is a car in my town that looks just like yours.  I'll try and take a pic if I can today. 

Nacho-RT74

NOW THATS THE HOOD AND INSERT!!!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

General_01

Actually, I am am pulling the 383 out of it and either rebuilding it or getting another motor. When it goes back together, the pistol grip 4-speed is going back in. I don't drive for a living anymore so I think my old legs can take it.

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 31, 2008, 08:43:42 AM

No, he's getting too old to shift. :smilielol: :smilielol:

Take that naysayer!! :nana:

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on March 31, 2008, 04:13:22 PM
NOW THATS THE HOOD AND INSERT!!!

YES, IT IS!!! :icon_smile_big:

496 stroker
4-speed

PocketThunder

Well good for you man!  bang thru the gears baby!  :drive:

Paul
in St. Paul

Oh, by the way, i dont think your signature pics are big enough?   :shruggy:   :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

F6Bee

Great looking car and nice score.  I just picked up a 71 hood insert (383 magnum), recently. 

Rick.

General_01

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 31, 2008, 08:25:39 PM
Oh, by the way, i dont think your signature pics are big enough? :shruggy: :shruggy:

What are you trying to say man. Don't you like my car? :shruggy:
496 stroker
4-speed

694spdRT

So you are selling the General? I recently saw one on Craigslist up in MN. Is that yours?
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

General_01

If it is, I didn't put it there. :icon_smile_big:

No. I have only listed it here and put a link on the CGLFC board. I also had it parked out front. A lot of high school kids looking. ::) It's nice they think it's cool, but I don't think they could afford it.
496 stroker
4-speed