News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Shelby's Graduation Present

Started by 71ChallengeHer, March 29, 2008, 07:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71ChallengeHer

We worked on Shelby's car all day. I took it over to the garage yesterday. I guess a wheel cylinder blew on it last nite. Rick almost drove it into his Camaro.  :pity: I knew the brakes felt a little weak. So I figured it was time for new shoes and pads. And a wheel cylinder.  :icon_smile_blackeye: I had new tires put on for her a couple wheels ago. Our car buddies are great friends. :cheers:  Rick did the brakes , while Eric installed an amp, kicker box and new speakers. Eric wouldn't go along with Rick on the test drive. He didn't want to be seen in the pink car.(with a guy)  :rofl: :rofl:  Shelby is still at work and hasn't seen it, yet. I'll make her suffer a little longer , driving my car. :D  But she worked hard to graduate early . :2thumbs:  And she just got admitted to Penn State. So, congrats Shelby. :cheers:

Ghoste

You're like the nicest mom ever.  Tell her congrats on getting accepted to Penn State.

sick dawg

Is it a stereo powered car? That speaker is bigger than the back seat!
CONGRATULATIONS!

84shelby

Congratulations on getting in Penn State!

The rear cylinder on my 84 had a real slow leak and even though

I check the fluid levels regularly one time  the pedal went soft on

I-95 exit ramp  :eek2: 

Good job keep her safe with new brake cylinder,

mine will be changed before the next drive

Alaskan_TA

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

71ChallengeHer

Thanks guys. Shelby was just outside blaring the stereo. And she loves the pink brake drums , calibers and the pink speaker covers. She's calling Rick and Eric to thank them. And she said she's buying them lunch at Carlilse.

70charginglizard

Yep,
Looks great. I bet Shelby is very grateful to have a mom as awesome as you.  :2thumbs:
70charginglizard

bordin34

Looks good, is it going to be at Carlisle. She's lucky to have someone that buys her tires, I have to buy my own. Congrats on Penn State, my bro got accepted there.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: bordin34 on March 29, 2008, 09:56:25 PM
Looks good, is it going to be at Carlisle. She's lucky to have someone that buys her tires, I have to buy my own. Congrats on Penn State, my bro got accepted there.
Shelby doesn't burn her tires off. :nana: :rofl: :rofl:  We'll both be at Carlisle . I'll have the Chally and she'll have the Daytona it will be over with the FWD's.( you can't miss it) And I know she will stop by the Charger tent to say hi to everyone.

69charger2002

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Charger_Fan

That's looking good! :2thumbs:
And congrats on being accepted to Penn State. :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

HITMAN 149

woa "pretty in pink"!!!
congrats on penn state though ( at least she'll be close in state for you!!).... GO irish!!! lol :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

69bronzeT5

Congrats Shelby on everything :cheers: Like I told you, I dont usually like pink cars except for yours and Challenger T/As ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Khyron

I want a pink car now  :icon_smile_big:

Congrats on teh new Toys Shelby!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Chad L. Magee

Congrats on getting into Penn State. :2thumbs:  She will be turning some heads in that thing for sure.  Speaking from experiance, she might want to find a good storage location away from the parking lots, as alot of car damage occurs there.......
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on March 30, 2008, 03:42:41 PM
Congrats on getting into Penn State. :2thumbs:  She will be turning some heads in that thing for sure.  Speaking from experiance, she might want to find a good storage location away from the parking lots, as alot of car damage occurs there.......
Thanks, we have a really good friend that lives right across the street from the campus. I'm sure he'd let Shelby park in his driveway.  :2thumbs:

MoParMetal

looking for another one
xbox gamertag: mprmtl

Death1970Proof

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on March 30, 2008, 03:57:32 PM
Quote from: Chad L. Magee on March 30, 2008, 03:42:41 PM
Thanks, we have a really good friend that lives right across the street from the campus. I'm sure he'd let Shelby park in his driveway.  :2thumbs:

You rock!!  :2thumbs:
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Charger1973

daytonalo

Congradlations !!!!! I bet the first thing she does when she graduates is get a Non Mopar ! I bet an Acura !!

mikesbbody

congrats to shelby  :2thumbs: always good to have friends who are willing to help  :cheers:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: daytonalo on March 30, 2008, 05:57:34 PM
I bet the first thing she does when she graduates is get a Non Mopar ! I bet an Acura !!

I doubt it ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Brock Samson