News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tire size

Started by dd44068, March 18, 2008, 11:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dd44068

I need a little help. Right now I am running 15x8 rims on the front of my 68, what tire size do you think would be the best way to go? I saw that Bill440rt put on 235s but with a spacer. Is that the only way to avoid rubbing issues? Thanks in advance for the help. Dom

Troy

What backspacing do you have on your rims?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bill440rt

Quote from: dd44068 on March 18, 2008, 11:48:12 AM
I need a little help. Right now I am running 15x8 rims on the front of my 68, what tire size do you think would be the best way to go? I saw that Bill440rt put on 235s but with a spacer. Is that the only way to avoid rubbing issues? Thanks in advance for the help. Dom

Hi Dom,

NO WAY have I ever used a spacer!! NONE of my cars have wheel spacers on them to adjust offset, not did they ever.
I have 235/60/15's of the front of my '68, wheels have a 3-3/8" backspace. NO RUB.

Hope that clears things up.  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

dd44068

Sorry, I probably just misunderstood the post. And yes that does help

bill440rt

No prob.

I should also clarify that those wheels are 15 x 7, not 8.
If you go with an 8" wide wheel, you might need more backspacing, such as 4 - 4.5". That will compensate for the extra 1" of wheel width.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

dd44068

Thanks for that info.

troy.70R/T

I have a 70 charger and was wondering if 235 75 R15s will look good on it and work with out rubbing. the rims are 15x8.5 slots with even back spacing? any help or pic appreciated.