News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Some music history.

Started by 73chgrSE, March 28, 2008, 09:51:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

73chgrSE

Every once in a while I get the opportunity to do some work in other, larger recording studios. This week I was at Tree Sound and they have the 11th SSL ever made. It was previously owned by Sting and was used to record "Syncronicity" by Police and "Moving Pictures" by Rush. Real cool piece of music history.

Brock Samson

i don't think that'll mean much to the car guys here but i appreciate it... i do imagine it's been updated since the early 80s though...
I'd like to record in electric ladyland myself..  :shruggy:
my buddy just built a state of the art studio here in downtown sf... and he's been busy everyday since they broke ground... I still ain't got a tour...   :icon_smile_angry:

Ghoste

Actually Brock, I continue to be amazed at the number of musicians who are into cars.  Or vice versa.

73chgrSE

I thihk it's actually from the late 70's so it's kinda like the muscle car of mixing consoles.

AKcharger

Here some music histoy, best enjoyed after eating hallucinogenic drugs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1tfUaBezFo

(it's Pink floyds "several species of small furry animals gathered together in a cave grooving with a pick")

jb666

That is awesome!! Just last night the wife and I were watching the 5th (and final) hour of The 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs In History. I was happy to see Rush way up there, they deserve it..

Now, get ahold of that drum set and I'll really be impressed.. I think everyone in America 'air drummed' to Rush as some point!!!  :coolgleamA: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

I am a HUGE GNR fan... Some would even say obsessive,  but I call it a hobby.

Shakey

Quote from: jb666 on January 04, 2009, 11:42:17 AM
That is awesome!! Just last night the wife and I were watching the 5th (and final) hour of The 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs In History. I was happy to see Rush way up there, they deserve it..

Now, get ahold of that drum set and I'll really be impressed.. I think everyone in America 'air drummed' to Rush as some point!!!  :coolgleamA: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

I am a HUGE GNR fan... Some would even say obsessive,  but I call it a hobby.

This one was for sale in SFO in January 2007.

Shakey

Saw Rush a few times!

Red Barchetta is one of my favourites.

mikepmcs

Quote from: Shakey on January 04, 2009, 08:07:48 PM

That is my favorite Rush tune hands down. 
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

moparstuart

Quote from: mikepmcs on January 04, 2009, 09:32:53 PM
Quote from: Shakey on January 04, 2009, 08:07:48 PM

That is my favorite Rush tune hands down. 
one of my favorites also , but 2112 is my #1
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

very cool , that looks very similar to a board i ran at rpm studio's in hoboken . i the late 70's . i like running a lighting board better then sound  :Twocents:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

dodgecharger-fan

Cool RUSH stuff. That's pretty cool to see the board used for Moving Pictures.
I'm a big fan.

I think I've mentioned it here before, but I'll say it again: Lakeside Park is in my city and Neil grew up around here. My niece used to baby sit for Geddy Lee.

I've seen them a few times: the Subdivisions Tour and twice on the Snakes and Arrows tour - once in the first leg and once in the second leg.