News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sound/heat deadening for floor

Started by Spartan, August 10, 2008, 08:09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartan

I did some reading about different ways to keep noise and heat out of the interior. I am fixing the floor pan right now and prep it for the carpeting.  The other thing is that I am a pretty tall guy so my head is about an inch from the ceiling when the seats are in without carpeting.  I would like to find a thin product that is good for sound and heat plus be able to do it myself and be thin (cheap is a good thing too).

I just want to save some money by doing it myself and still get good results.

Thanks,

Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

Shakey

Lizard Skin - thin but not cheap.

Look at my Interior Assembly thread for photos and links to other threads about it.

dfsmopars

NMike

don't place the sound deadener under the seat tracks. any insulation you place on the cieling will be above the headliner. the seating dimensions should not be any different.

Spartan

Thanks guys.

I am leaving the ceiling alone for now.  Its already a bunch more quiet then it wa, of course I was running without carpet for a while to put miles on the engine but it worked good.  Still some work on the rear seat but its getting there.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)