News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

help!

Started by slim, February 27, 2006, 11:27:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

I have a 96' firebird formula. It has every option possible (except for t- tops) including the LT1 corvette engine, the 4- speed automatic and the optional rear-end (3.83?) and suspension. Recently I had to get get a new timing belt so that it would pass emissions. When I did this it gave the car ten times the power it ever had ( i bought the car used) then the next day there was a squealing noise coming from the engine I guess it was the fan belt? any way i took it back to the guy and he said hed drive it a round and i could pick it up the next day. when i picked it he told me that it was knocking (which it wasnt doing before i brought it back). Any way I was wondering what would cause it to knock and how to fix it. Any thing would be helpful Thanks!

Chryco Psycho

the sqeal Could be a idler pulley going bad & now the brg has failed causing a knocking sound Or the guy drove the crap out of iut & hurt the engine

slim

alright , well  with the help of a little wd-40 the squealing went away. So now i have to figure out what is causing the knocking... any ideas ???

700HPCharger

Find where the knocking is coming from. Was the place you took it to an actual shop? sometimes these places have more liability than a regular shad tree mechanic, and you might be able to make it a legal matter, if in deed it started knocking because of something they did, while the car was in thier possesion. I am not big on taking people to court but when it comes to some shop abusing you car, I start to look at things differently :flame: