News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Quarter Panel to Valance Connector - Paddock or Year One?

Started by dspaulding70, February 09, 2008, 09:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dspaulding70

Has anyone had any problem with corner connectors from Paddock?  They are quite cheaper than Year One but I wanted to hear some feedback before ordering.  Thanks.

Darrell

BradD

I would assume they are both from Charger Specialties. AMD hasn't come out with theirs as of yet. Some one else have the insight? I have heard they dont fit for *hit.
Brad

bill440rt

Paddock & Y.O. corners are the same part. There's really only one source of these, the different retailers are selling the same part.

It's all that's out there, unless you want to spend several hundred dollars & try to scrounge for NOS. They fit marginally OK, they don't have the right angle to meet with the 1/4 and the valence. I basically fit them up, splitting the difference. Some guys have welded in triangular shaped strips of metal to get the contour right. Mine were very close, I did a "quickie" & used fiberglass reinforced filler to make up the difference & then detailed the seam.
They didn't need much filler, & I thought cutting & re-welding them actually would have been more work. I replaced the right 1/4 panel, & found the corner's fit was a little worse on that side. No surprise there, either.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

hutch

I got a set of the same fixed nut connectors from lowes and they worked great.  They looked exactly the same.
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

bill440rt

Quote from: hutch on February 13, 2008, 04:01:48 PM
I got a set of the same fixed nut connectors from lowes and they worked great.  They looked exactly the same.

Fixed nut connector??  At Lowe's?? :scratchchin:  :shruggy:
What is that? Got a pic?
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Finn

I got mine from (*edit: my bad charger specialties, just found the receipt) and they don't fit well at all.
If your good with metal working I would recommend making them from scratch.
They are really heavy duty metal however.

I have pic's if you want them, I just decided not to post them because of how brutal it looks.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

justin1987

I ordered mine from Charger Specialties. They didn't fit well. A lot of metal work is required. Here are some pics.

The70RT

Your not gonna find any that just fit. You will have to modify any you get. If so they must have woke up and made some better ones.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

gordo1968charger

Quote from: justin1987 on March 12, 2008, 10:55:27 PM
I ordered mine from Charger Specialties. They didn't fit well. A lot of metal work is required. Here are some pics.

yep thats as good as they get! lots  of sanding and filling afterwards!
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

The70RT

It is hard to get your seams back to the factory look. I welded mine sort of like that too and now my seams dont look like factory but I know it is solid and not bondo'd up.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

68mmcharger

Here's the way mine from Charger Specialties turned out. The passenger side is better than the drivers side. Had to do some weld fill on the drivers side. I intend to use Drip Check seam sealer to fill the gaps as recommended by Drop Top in the past.  Have any of you used this sealer for these corners? It's the same stuff that goes along the roof gutters.

Kevin

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

68mmcharger

Thanks Finn! 

Anyone use the Drip Check sealer for this joint?