News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

295/50R15 T/A radials are going to be made

Started by 2nd69charger, March 26, 2008, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2nd69charger

The P295/50R15 105S Radial T/A is on backorder. Production is currently
planned for June/08.

If your questions have not been answered to your satisfaction, please call
me at 1-877-788-8899 (toll-free) between 8:00AM and 8:00PM Eastern Time
Monday through Friday.

Ken
BFGoodrich Tires
Consumer Care Department

Musicman

Well, it's good to know that at least one person over there at BFG is listening.  :2thumbs:
The 295/50/15 Radial T/A is a big favorite here   :cheers:  That's what's on the back of mine   :yesnod:

bull

I've heard that too but I'll believe it when I see it.

Hemidog

Verrry nice! I guess they will be out by the time my old ones mysteriously gets worn out  :D

Paul G

They are on the back of my Charger too. This is great news. Now I can have some fun again this summer!

1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

2nd69charger

new update last e mail recieved from bfg  NOT GOOD NEWS

Charles-
Thank you for your email. We welcome the opportunity to assist you.  Our
records indicate that the Radial T/A will be available during the 1st
quarter of 2009.  I apologize for the inconvenience.

It is our goal to ensure that your issue has been resolved or your question
answered to your satisfaction.  If we can assist you further, please respond
to this email or call us at 1-877-788-8899 (toll free) between 8:00AM and
8:00PM Eastern Time Monday through Friday or between 9:00AM and 5:00PM
Eastern Time on Saturday.

Sincerely
Jackie R
BFGoodrich Tires

G-man

If they can make a 295 at 28" tall like the 275, im up for it.

If they can make a 335-345 (custom order) 28 tall....

Il be the 1st customer and I will never change tyres again. Since the car will be driven alot, every 1-2 years I will be buying these of you.

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

71 Bee Man

Hey guys,

think yourselves lucky..........where I live here in Australia, there's only one place i know of that even sells any kind of BFG tyres. And they cost a fair bit.

Out of interest, what does a 275/60/15 cost over there ? :icon_smile_question:
Peter :icon_smile_big:
Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

71 Bee Man

Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

bull

Screw BF Goodrich. :yesnod: Really the only thing the TA has going for it is the look of the lettering. By most accounts they suck when it comes to actual driving, esp. in anything other than dry pavement. I tried for a long time to get a pair of 295 TAs for the back of my '68 because I like the look of them but finally I got tired of the company's lack of interest. I went with Cooper Cobras because Cooper apparently wants the business. Waiting for BFG to supply our demand is like waiting on Chrysler Corp. to do the same. There seems to be some sort of mental illness associated with company executives who won't respond, or delays their response, to a demand for a certain product they can and once did produce.

Thanks for nothing BFG... :fu: :down: :loser:

terrible one

Hehe . . . the lettering is what made the decision for me too. Plus they're not all too bad on the wallet. . . a pair of 275's and 245's won't beat you up too bad.

bull

Coopers look very good too IMO, and they won't put you in the ditch.

gordo1968charger

in the uk i can get a cooper cobra for about 70 quid(295 50 15)bfg are about 140quid in the same size
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

Back N Black

Quote from: bull on July 21, 2008, 10:16:25 AM
Coopers look very good too IMO, and they won't put you in the ditch.

Hey Bull, the car in the pic is that yours. Looks sharp, what rims and back spacing?  :drool5:

bull

That's not my car (because the one above is finished :P), here's some pictures of mine: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41200.0.html

J-440

Hey G-man...if you want 335 wide tires then you better be ready for some minitubs.  It is definitly worth the effort to have tires as wide as a Viper or new ZR1. 
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

G-man

Quote from: J-440 on August 07, 2008, 09:08:02 PM
  Hey G-man...if you want 335 wide tires then you better be ready for some minitubs.  It is definitly worth the effort to have tires as wide as a Viper or new ZR1. 

Im totaly aware of that. Seems the MT 15 wide tires with 13" tread 29" tall are what im getting.

Maybe i can find the same width but in 28" tall (think 29 might look too tall). Anyone do that/able to do ?

Bobs69

:Twocents:I think I bought my BFG's because of the look too.  Figured goodyears were to expensive, and all the muscle cars at the local shows had TA's  Suppose if guys like us with the hot cars used copper cobras then we'd make them more popular????

Musicman

My only beef with the Cooper is the apparent lack of width compared to other 295's. It's still a nice tire though  :2thumbs:

I'll stick with my BFG's for now however  :D

71 Bee Man

Quote from: Bobs69 on August 08, 2008, 12:11:38 AM
:Twocents:I think I bought my BFG's because of the look too.  Figured goodyears were to expensive, and all the muscle cars at the local shows had TA's  Suppose if guys like us with the hot cars used copper cobras then we'd make them more popular????

Well, after the quote of $260 each for 275 T/A's, I got a second quote for a brand called Mastercraft Avenger GT's........$220 each.

A bit better....still like the image of the T/A's. Do you guys have these Mastercraft tyres over there ?

Peter
Sydney, Australia.

mikesbbody

I had a bfg 275/60/15 explode on me  :o never again for bfg's! ive heard a few sketchy things about them it will be coopers for me next.