News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Auto graveyard

Started by 69bronzeT5, March 31, 2008, 12:29:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Saw this over at Moparts and I thought I'd share it here. Pictures of a car graveyard..looks like people just drove them out to the middle of nowhere and dumped them. Theres a few muscle cars including this....... :rotz:

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4316668&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69bronzeT5

Ghoste

You know Bronzy I'm not normally anywhere nearly as excited about derelict car pics as you are but for some reason that fastback photo draws me in.

TruckDriver

Wow!  :o The Charger was a 4spd air car too.

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Shakey

Looks kinda similar to a place I stopped at once between Phoenix & Quartzite but couldn't find anyone around to ask about looking around.

Here are a couple of shots from the driveway.  There were tons more stashed around the property but....

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: terrible one on March 31, 2008, 06:32:52 AM
I'm still getting an "access denied" thing. ??

Its posted in the Moparts "Mopar Genera;" section & you have to be logged in to view that section....guests cannot view it
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

andy74

neat old pics, makes you sad to know that at one time someone thought they were just old junkers!

69bronzeT5

For those who cant read it (T-O ;)), here is some info and more pictures. :2thumbs:

"Heard about this one place back when I was a pre teen.Back then, My father loaded up the family and we went to go find the site,but had no luck. Today I went with a couple of guys who knew where the site was. I was impressed to say the least.Really wonder what the story is behind these and how they ended up there."

"We then went to another site which was better. More complete cars and MOPARS!! Heres a 4 Speed 66 or 67 Charger(had the switch in the dash for the hideaway headlights) No identifier of what was ever under the hood."

69bronzeT5

:2thumbs:

69bronzeT5

Last ones :cheers:

Chad L. Magee

There are some rural places like that in western Kansas that I know about, full of pre WWII stuff and some later stuff too.  Even seen the remains of an early vette, but it was too far gone to mess with (burned by a prarie fire, only partially melted frame and some fiberglass pieces remain) and the farmer was a bit leary of having non-relatives on his land.  It was his old school car, but he did not treat it as anything special from what I heard.  I know of a farm that has a nearly complete white/blue 1965 Olds 442 rolled onto its roof, setting on a pile of old fence posts.  Tags on it was in the early 70s, no rust, only roof/glass damage that I could see.  Some of the old farmers like to push old cars into the culverts to keep the soil from getting washed away when it floods (rarely anymore with the dry weather patterns).  My 1968 383-2bbl., 4-speed Charger used to be one of those when it was up in SD.  One old farmer back home that I talk to occationally had a 1957 Thunderbird that was sitting out, but he eventually wised up and pulled it out of the weeds before it got swiped.  It was a relatives car that had been in a fender bender years ago, could have been an easy fix, but for some reason it was pushed into the weeds outback.  It was full of bullet holes by that time though......
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

greenpigs

I'm suprised you didn't offer to buy all the cars shown Chad.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

billssuperbird

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: greenpigs on March 31, 2008, 03:26:23 PM
I'm suprised you didn't offer to buy all the cars shown Chad.

I have to get my career started first before I can afford them (and the storage/restoration location for them). :icon_smile_dissapprove:  Give me a few years and then I will be ready to ask. :drool5:.....

Manfred318

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Charger_Fan

I find a couple things odd. The arrangement of those cars in that wash...sorta like a flood took them there. Then the fact that they all seem to be just shells, no drivetrains, interiors & most without suspensions. :shruggy:

Cool pics though. :)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Drache

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on March 31, 2008, 04:31:15 PM
I find a couple things odd. The arrangement of those cars in that wash...sorta like a flood took them there. Then the fact that they all seem to be just shells, no drivetrains, interiors & most without suspensions. :shruggy:

Cool pics though. :)

flash flood emptied out a 70's chop shop dump site maybe?  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Chad L. Magee

Probably were stripped down before they were dumped there.  I have seen that happen alot, farmers pull the usable parts or put them out and let other people strip them there.  Most are missing the drivetrain and suspension as they will use them to fix their trucks or other cars that they are using at the time.  I got a rearend out of a wrecked red 1969 Mustang Sportsroof GT that was being parted out similarly.  A farmer heard that I wanted Mustang parts and he contacted me about one he had sitting out in his pasture rotting away.  It was a 390, 4-speed car, but had hit a telephone pole (or two) years ago so hard that the doors did not close, major frame twisting on that one.  He drove it through high school, but was a drinker and had to learn a hard lesson with that one.  The insurance company declined the claim, so he promptly put it out in the pasture.  I got the rear end and some other parts I wanted for $100, most of the good stuff (engine, ram air, 4-speed) was long gone.  He wanted me to take the whole car for $300, but it was just too far gone and too much of a pain to try to get it up out of the area it was in.  Shame, because it was a very rare car at one time and would almost make it worth fixing.  That was one I should have taken a picture of, but at the time (mid 90s) I was just interested in getting parts for my Mach 1......