News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Eastwood Paint-On-Chrome

Started by superduperbee, April 06, 2008, 11:47:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superduperbee

Eastwood Liquid Chrome. I want to paint some fiberglass bumpers with this stuff. It's a 3 stage paint you spray over a black urethane base. Has anyone tried it?

daytonalo

If it from Eastwood , you can count on one thing for sure . Marketed to the the moon over priced garbage directed to the Mickey mouse  mechanic !

OttawaCharger

Quote from: daytonalo on April 06, 2008, 02:07:01 PM
If it from Eastwood , you can count on one thing for sure . Marketed to the the moon over priced garbage directed to Armature hour mechanic !
Why would someone paint an armature?  Isn't that inside the alternator?  :shruggy:
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

superduperbee

My alternator is chrome already, I want to paint fiberglass bumpers.

Mike DC

Sounds like that "Mirra Chrome" stuff that's been around a few years.  People seem to think it turns out pretty well.  Not quite 100% real chrome, but head & shoulders above the traditional silver/gray metallic paints called "chrome" that we've had in the past.  You might not even know the difference if you didn't have an actual chrome surface nearby to compare it to.

I've heard it's a b*tch to do though.  You really have to do all the steps right.  And it ain't cheap. 

Hemidog

superduperbee

Those taillights look pretty good, hope he posts pictures of the bumpers too. Thanks for the info guys, greatly appreciated !

Hemidog