News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

gauge refacing

Started by 471_Magnum, October 10, 2005, 06:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

471_Magnum

When I pull my instrument panel to replace my wire harness, I'd like to get my gauges refaced.

I called Auto Intruments to get and estimate, and while I'm sure they do excellent work, they're a little over my budget.

For less than $50, I can get the decals which is more in line with my budget.

Anybody have experience with these? Are they a good substitute for having the gauges re-silkscreened? Who is the best source for these?
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Just 6T9 CHGR

I have done a few sets with the kit from www.performancecargraphics.com

They are high quality and real easy to do.     The only way you can tell that a decal kit was used is by the opening for the odometer and a bit on the clock part of the tic-toc-tach.
You have to look real close as well to notice it
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

471_Magnum

Either I'm blind, or they don't list a DIY kit on their website.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Brock Samson

on that excellent photo  ;) i see an under dash lever, that seems to say "trunk".. what the heck is it?..  ???

Shakey

Quote from: Stratocharger on October 10, 2005, 09:44:17 PM
on that excellent photo   ;) i see an under dash lever, that seems to say "trunk".. what the heck is it?..   ???

No, it says drunk.
It must be one of those court ordered breathalyzers that you must use prior to starting the car.  If it lights up, Chris is pissed and must take a cab home or give the keys to his wife/girlfriend.

Just 6T9 CHGR

on that excellent photo ;) i see an under dash lever, that seems to say "trunk".. what the heck is it?.. ???

Busted!   

Its my rare option trunk release switch :yesnod: :angel:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Shakey on October 11, 2005, 06:25:03 AM
on that excellent photo  ;) i see an under dash lever, that seems to say "trunk".. what the heck is it?..  ???

No, it says drunk.
It must be one of those court ordered breathalyzers that you must use prior to starting the car. If it lights up, Chris is pissed and must take a cab home or give the keys to his wife/girlfriend.

:haha:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 471_Magnum on October 10, 2005, 09:38:51 PM
Either I'm blind, or they don't list a DIY kit on their website.

Its there.......

Just click "Instrument cluster parts & services"

Then click "1968-1970 B Body Ralleye"

They used to list the prices but I guess the went up.  If I remember correctly the speedo & 4 gauges was like $25
The tach was $16
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

471_Magnum

Yeah, I got one of those too.... now quit hijacking my post. ;)

Shakey

I plan on spending the heavy dollars to get the cluster restored by Auto instruments this winter.  Below is a link to another similar topic.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,2949.0.html

471_Magnum

PCG is out of stock on the kits.

Anybody know of an alternate source?

SirNik73

i looked at the setup they had for the third gen cars, and i didn't see the faces needes to do my dash. i have the SE cluster withthe spedo and the BIG clock and then the Alt, Fuel, Temp, and oil are in the side guages above the radio. i just orderd my tach from Charger Specialties yesterday and thought i'd refinish the guages while i had the dash apart.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD