News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new Saleen Raptor & Dan Gurney Mustang:

Started by Brock Samson, March 21, 2008, 12:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

What do they cost now days? $300k-$400k?

MoParMetal

looking for another one
xbox gamertag: mprmtl

Ghoste

The Saleen looks like the bastard child of what happens when a Ferarri and a Corvette have drunken unprotected sex.

chargerrt

Meh...I could do without the Saleen.  I like the S7 better.  Plus, it looks like it has an Acura NSX taillight on it.

Now that Mustang....I really like the way it looks :drool5:

Brock Samson

:rotz:
Must you allways hate?..

:sarcasmalert:

Ghoste

But Brock, you are like our token exotic supercar fan.  Some like them, some hate them but you are a FAN.  :icon_smile_wink:

chargerrt

Nah man I don't hate hahaha.  It just doesn't get me off

Brock Samson

the S-7 was designed by the son of a friend who died recently of cancer, Phil Frank who you may know as the creator of Farly, aka travels with Farley had the long running comic strip here in san fran that was nationaly syndicated...

He was much appreciated here and especially by me, for his gentle humor that would poke fun at "The System", with out ever being mean - and bringing the wacky northern left coast sensibilities to a semblence of understanability...  :icon_smile_wink:

He also drew xxx and heloise and nigel shiftright for Road & Track for many years...
to wit:
"Rappin' with Nigel and the Mechanics:"
"Nigel was a man who loved the past.
Drove old cars and drove 'em fast!..
Havin' a blast with the wind in his face...
Till the gov'ment man stopped by the place.
And The Man said "YO! NIGEL!
These bumpers, these lights! They just won't do! No               
airbags either! Well, shame on you!".

"

i had the pleasure of chatting with him many times at the SF Chronicle where we both worked and he was a real car nut...
We talked alot about the S-7 design specificly the 72 slots, slats and louvers which give it such a memerable impact
also the dour downturn of the front grill and how it expresses the face of the supercar.. the miata is a "sports car", the Saleen S-7 is a super car..
and he was most proud of his son, also named Phil, who designed the S-7. as well as many other stunning and innovative designs..

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.diseno-art.com/images/nike_one_sketches.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.diseno-art.com/encyclopedia/archive/nike_one.html&h=413&w=550&sz=72&hl=en&start=2&tbnid=fhVZnk_2_aKU3M:&tbnh=100&tbnw=133&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dphil%2Bfrank%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D20%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN

I remember when he came in the office with the Road & Track magazine and waved it around the office like a school kid with his pet hamster at his schools show and tell...
Most folks rolled their eyes, but I got it...
too bad his son wasn't around to see how proud his dad was...

Brock Samson

i know im a sports car nut,.. err,.. fan, hard to belive noone here owns one...  :shruggy:
but if your like me..
something at this website will make you...   :drool5:
wish...

http://www.autodrome-cannes.com/index-eng.asp

Ghoste

Now that you mention it, it is kind of surprising that at least one person on this site doesn't own an exotic.  I have had the great fortune to have driven quite a few of them and for me personally, I still prefer my obsolete dinocar.  (but if I ever hit the lotto bigtime and can afford a bunch of cars... )

NYCMille

bzabodyn

a 4-5 years back, I owned a '94 NSX that I sold for a G35 coupe when I was commuting 100mi/day (that I sold for an M5, that I sold for my current 335i twin turbo sedan) - but to me that NSX doesn't really count...

the only "supercar" on my short list is a Noble M12 ($75-80k)... but I'm pretty sure I'll have a '96 Blue/White stripes Viper GTS well before that... you consider that a supercar?

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

bull

Exotics are a pain in the ass, even if you're rich. The interiors are small and your butt is too close to the ground. The pedals are all the size of cell phones and a 1/2" apart (try hitting the brakes and you hit the gass too) and it's takes a month to get anything fixed at the shop because you have to dismantle half the car to get to stuff like the fuel filter or the oxygen sensor. No thanks.

Brock Samson

89MOPAR

The interiors are small 'cause they are usually 2 seaters.
You sit close to the ground because it puts the center of gravity close to the ground, hence better handling. :yesnod:
The pedals are close together so you can heel-and -toe downshift [ match revs for the next gear while braking ]
I can replace both oxygen sensors and the fuel filter in about a 1/2 an hour in my "exotic" -
That said, it would probably take 2  days to remove and replace the transmission

Any other generalizations you need refuted ? :nana:

bzabodyn - save your money on the Viper, and use it towards the M12.   :icon_smile_wink:

77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

Silver R/T

looks good, better than anything DCX put out in a long time
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ghoste

I don't know that the generalizations have been refuted.  All of those complaints are still valid even if they were put there by design.  How about this one, they generally have piss poor visibility.

89MOPAR

Hmmm good point, maybe not refuted but explained.
  If you want caddy size comfort you don't buy a mini, or buy a ocean racer when you wanted a houseboat.
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +