News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Charger Ad Music

Started by hemihead, October 10, 2005, 06:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemihead

I don't know if this was covered yet and I apologize if it was but how come the new Charger commercial gets rap crap music with tacky lyrics and Cadillac, of all makes, gets Led Zeppelin? Like some Senior citizen is going to know who Led Zeppelin was or even like the music enough to influence them to purchase one.I don't think the Cadillac buyer of today was the type who listened to Zepp back then either.Just my 2 cents.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

471_Magnum

The song they use in the Charger ads is almost cool. It's a sampling of the old Nazareth song Hair of the Dog

"Now your messing with a... sonofab***h!"

Excellent tune.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Charger Aficionado

Charger4404spd

Quote from: hemihead on October 10, 2005, 06:12:25 PM
I don't know if this was covered yet and I apologize if it was but how come the new Charger commercial gets rap crap music with tacky lyrics and Cadillac, of all makes, gets Led Zeppelin? Like some Senior citizen is going to know who Led Zeppelin was or even like the music enough to influence them to purchase one.I don't think the Cadillac buyer of today was the type who listened to Zepp back then either.Just my 2 cents.

Wel I think most of the "Baby Boomers" are the Caddy buyers, and yes Zep was there when they were at Woodstock. That rap crap though, geeezzz, Id rather be beatin with a thousand razor blades and dipped in alcohol as to listen to that shit.

Shakey

The Led Zeppelin music appeals to todays Cadillac buyer.  The new Cadillac's are for the baby boomers.

I personally like the Charger commercial with the rap version of Hair of the Dog and the kids chasin' the guy on their bikes.

"Nice car mister"

myk

Chrysler's chasing the hip-hop culture on this one.  The 300C is pretty popular with that particular "crowd" so they want to make sure they ride on its success...

hemihead

I think most of the Baby Boomers buying the Cadillacs today where listening to The Osmonds ,Partidge Family, The Jackson Five,The Carpenters, etc. not staying out partying and jamming.They don't seem the type.LMAO
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Shakey

Quote from: hemihead on October 11, 2005, 10:10:01 AM
I think most of the Baby Boomers buying the Cadillacs today where listening to The Osmonds ,Partidge Family, The Jackson Five,The Carpenters, etc. not staying out partying and jamming.They don't seem the type.LMAO

That's right.  And by Cadillac playing some "heavy metal" in their advertisements, they trick the baby boomers into thinking that they are getting one wild machine when they purchase a caddy.

Charger1970

That Charger ad music sounds like some prison-sex scene soundtrack.
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

andy74

Quote from: Charger1970 on October 11, 2005, 11:10:59 AM
That Charger ad music sounds like some prison-sex scene soundtrack.
:no: :no: :no: :no: :no: