News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need help on 4-spd console carpet install..

Started by A34, March 23, 2008, 07:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A34

Hey Guys,

I have a carpet kit for my 4-spd console and want to install it. Whatever glue Chrysler used on 07/07/69 (per sticker on sideboard) to glue the carpet on the existing 4-spd hump section, it was GOOD STUFF !!

How do I get it off without destroying the sideboard? Umm, and then, what is the best glue to use to install?

The carpet is missing from the rear of the console, and the pieces I got look way too big. Anyone got a template to reference to trim it down?

Thanks !!

Looking for NOS parts for 69 Charger - whatcha got?
God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families !
Deo Vindice

resq302

You might be able to soak it in rubbing alcohol to try and soften up the glue they used.  Worse comes to worse, if you do damage the original fiber board type material, they repro them in plastic now.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

BROCK

You might want to test the rubbing alcohol on a small portion of your fibreboard just to be safe.
Might I also recommend a heatgun.
The plastic is great for those of us that would like to add a 4, 5 or 6 speed - but yours is original
for now.  I hope you can preserve that part!!!

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world