News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

parts needed to make a superbird?

Started by kddillinger, March 23, 2008, 02:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

HEY TROY , NOT ME THIS TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_smile_big:

hotrod98

Hey cupcake, where have you been?

Here's a car that I brought home Friday. Should I build a g-series wingcar out of this one? It's a big block 400 car and everything works, even the tach. I've been driving the wheels off of it this weekend. It's my new ratrod. I promised my wife I wouldn't paint it... for now. Not bad for $3500.

She says that I have to stop at 25 cars.  :icon_smile_big:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

daytonalo

Bad car !!!!!!!!! Give you 4500 right now !!!!! What color is that ? F-6 ??

Larry

hotrod98

It was originally gf3 amber sherwood metallic, but someone repainted it a few years ago. If I paint it it's going Sassy Grass Green, but I really want to leave it alone. All of my other cars are too nice to drive around on the streets. I've wanted a reliable beater for a while now and this thing fills the bill perfectly.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteRene, this guy sounds like he's a lot smaller than you.   

yea , he's a little guy . 290 was my weight in high school . 30 yrs ago   :cheers:

nice runner there hotrod . just what you need another car. i couldn't have passed it up at that price either. good luck with it .

hey daytoalo , I'm waiting for my group hug.   :pity:  now where'd that crack pipe go to.  :icon_smile_cool:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

Charles Addams

Zinc

Hotrod excuse my typing,Ihave fingers like sausages!!!!!lol, I type fast and forget to check my spelling, or I hit other keys by mistake, the name of the company in question or disscusion is DAYCLONA, run by M.Goyette that I talked toodose seem like a nice guy, says everything is available to build a daytona, which I almost did! but I traded my 69 charger last minute for a sweet 71 sat w/ a440, anyway he says he has about 85-90% coverage on the 1970 superbird as far as parts, and is working on completeing the remaining tooling on the bird parts, I'm more interested in turning my 71 sat, into what he calls a g-series car superbird a 71 bird, monets tight rigth now, but I'd rather wait and send Mike my car to convert! I'd rather have someone who's done this before, do it!the 71 bird is really cool!, I have some pics,my favorite one is this one, I'm hoping to send my car to Mike this fall 2008

umcandprops

Although I don't have much time anymore to build complete superbird kits ..if someones in a jam and needs a fiberglass superbird hood and fenders with or without the '70 air grabbber option I may be able to assist.
DonC
unique movie cars and props
www.islandserve.com/~dc99

:2thumbs:

Troy

Zinc: Pretty much anyone involved with Dayclona has been banned because they really just can't seem to find a way to get along. They also liked registering multiple accounts to talk themselves up or make it look like someone else agrees with them. (Multiple accounts are expressly forbidden in the registration agreement and Terms of Service.) The sad part is, very few people ever get banned but these guys took it to a whole new level. The really sad thing is that 90% of the people who end up getting banned are vendors so what's that tell you about the customer service you can expect? I've seen Dayclona's parts and cars and they are very nice. Mike has an incredible amount of knowledge that I'm sure we could learn from but I can't deal with all the hate mail and fighting that comes along with it because of his (their) attitude. I cannot feel the least bit sorry for them because they ignored every warning I ever sent.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

daytonalo

UMCAP , you make that complete kit ?? Plug and all ?? How much ??? Is the wing Alum ?

Larry

daytonalo

Like I always say , CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG  ????

LARRY

oldcarnut

Don, I remember the time frame you said a kit would run to get out but if your able to make the Bird hoods separate, when would they be availbile and how much?  Same on the fenders.  I'm going to try to find some decent steel fenders but if not will your glass fenders need any additional hardware, bracing, etc. to mount or are they bolt-on ready.  I'm not in a jam for them but I plan on driving mine frequently and your quality has been said to stand up to regular driver use.   Hopefully I'd be looking somewhere at mid-summer time frame to install but some others here may be interested also.  Thanks, David

moparstuart

wow sorry i missed the thread   
     hey how much for a fiber glass bird hood with an air grabber ?   Got any pictures of the hood  ?

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

daytonalo

moparstuart

I already told you , I'm only broke when dealing with you cupcake .  Yes with 3 kids a wife ,  a mortgage, 2 cats and a dog  most of the time the cars come last. 

:smilielol: :smilielol:

no really i wanted to see how much I over spent to build my own , Out of my real superbird steel hood ! 

daytonalo

I will make sure that your set accidentally falls into cat box !!!!!!!!

oldcarnut

moparstuart

Quote from: daytonalo on March 24, 2008, 12:44:38 PM
I will make sure that your set accidentally falls into cat box !!!!!!!!
thanks hopefully they will clean up ok  :smilielol:

hotrod98

Quote from: Zinc on March 24, 2008, 12:07:55 AM
Hotrod excuse my typing,Ihave fingers like sausages!!!!!lol, I type fast and forget to check my spelling, or I hit other keys by mistake, the name of the company in question or disscusion is DAYCLONA, run by M.Goyette that I talked toodose seem like a nice guy, says everything is available to build a daytona, which I almost did! but I traded my 69 charger last minute for a sweet 71 sat w/ a440, anyway he says he has about 85-90% coverage on the 1970 superbird as far as parts, and is working on completeing the remaining tooling on the bird parts, I'm more interested in turning my 71 sat, into what he calls a g-series car superbird a 71 bird, monets tight rigth now, but I'd rather wait and send Mike my car to convert! I'd rather have someone who's done this before, do it!the 71 bird is really cool!, I have some pics,my favorite one is this one, I'm hoping to send my car to Mike this fall 2008

Zinc, If Mike builds your car then it will most assuredly be SEMA show material. I have a few third gen b-bodes and have thought about building a g-series car more than once. I just have so many cars to maintain that I tend to have to spread the dollars around without much left over for special projects.

Quote from: umcandprops on March 24, 2008, 02:32:16 AM
Although I don't have much time anymore to build complete superbird kits ..if someones in a jam and needs a fiberglass superbird hood and fenders with or without the '70 air grabbber option I may be able to assist.
DonC
unique movie cars and props
www.islandserve.com/~dc99

:2thumbs:

Don, I started to mention your parts but haven't talked to you in a while. I still haven't built Sandra's bird with the parts that I bought from you. Too many other projects.

Charles Addams