News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Will this fit? 73 Charger

Started by ctsephion, March 24, 2008, 02:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctsephion

Hello everyone!

This is my first post here but have been reading the forums for awhile. I have just bought a 73 Charger (non SE) with a 318 LA. I am trying to dress up the engine a lil and have been trying to find out if this Edelbrock Elite Series air cleaner will fit. I've been trying to google an answer for a few hours now, with no luck on finding a "yes" or "no it won't fit" answer, leading me to register today. This may sound like a pretty stupid question, but i know a lot more about specs and packages that a car has rather than how the mechanics actually work. But, that is something i'm trying to improve on.

Thanks for reading!

this is the link to what i'm talking about: http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=EDL%2D4207&FROM=MG

hutch

It should fit, now clearing the hood is another issue but as long as you have a stock intake it should clear.  If you have an aftermarket intake then you might have a hood issue because of height that you will have to deal with.

The air cleaners fit pretty much any stock carb from what I have seen.
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

ctsephion

Thanks for the reply !

Yeah, everything about the motor and car is 100% stock (other than rims). Thats good news to me though, as I was hoping for this to look good (my engine that is). I'm hoping to turn my 73 into a showcar later on after a few mods and updates.