News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any body wanna help??? :)

Started by 71green go, March 21, 2008, 04:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71green go

Well I had a fun day today I was out at the shop I have working on the hood of my 71 R/T.....somebody before me mounted some really cheap hood pin kit probably 20 or more years ago.....they just picked a spot in the hood and drilled holes through the top of the hood....not even looking to see where the holes would come out on the bottom.....what a mess to repair......I migged them up and and was extremly careful not to warp the top side of the hood (factory bulge hood).......I could have left them where they were but somebody at some car show would kindly point out they are incorrect..., and I couldnt live with it either..................The crazy thing is there are marked spots on the inside of the hood and on the fender where the factory mounted them (if Optioned that way)..........Does anybody know where to buy a correct factory style kit that is made of stainless steel?........
I have also today finished pulling all the dents in the body that are all over the place.....I bought one of those stud welders with the slide hammer to pull them out....it was slick.......Now if I could just convince my bddies who dont like to get their hands dirty to come out and help!........I'll even buy the beer and Pizza, what else does a guy need.....Any body live near waterloo?........lol

2harleyriders

Sorry, you are on your own :pity:.   
I bought mine from quick silver of of e-bay but he is doing a group buy on them now.  Look under the group buy section on this site. 
I will post some picks of his hood pins on my car.  They are really nice.
Thats how I roll.

bill440rt

Check Jack's Auto Parts out of Howell, NJ for the hood pins. He sells complete kits, very nice repros & decently priced.
:2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

LeeBoy

I have two of my best helpers on the job with my 68 and they are more than happy to get their hands dirty.  :icon_smile_big:
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)