News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hevey rain+ open vents = wet carpet?

Started by AKcharger, October 10, 2005, 03:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

I discovered the passanger side floor of my car (1970) was soaked after a 2 day rain storm. Only thing I could think of was the vents were open and the car is parked on a slight incline with the passanger side angled down...anyone ever experience this? I'd hate to think I have some kind of a window seal problem again!!

Thanks

Just 6T9 CHGR

My windshield leaks like a sieve even when I wash the car......the gasket it s repro one which is prone to leak (so I have been told)
Maybe its coming from there.......

PS--shame on you for leaving the car out for 2 days in the rain ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

694spdRT

Chris,

Maybe that is my problem too as It leaks after washing also...I have not tracked down the source yet. I thought it might be the wiper seals but, those are new. The water shows up on both sides right to the left of the heel pad on the drivers side and the corresponding spot on the passenger side. Is that where yours is?

Thanks Ty
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

NHCharger

I had a problem with wet carpet in my 72. Whenever I drove in the rain I had water coming in the passenger side vent. What is was is there is supposed to be a stud on top of the cowl where the fender is attached. Apparently the stud got lost and someone replaced it with a bolt. Since the bolt was too long and bottomed out against the cowl some bozo drilled a hole in the cowl so the bolt could be tightened down.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

BB1

Delete my profile

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on October 10, 2005, 04:01:19 PM
PS--shame on you for leaving the car out for 2 days in the rain ;)
Yeah, what were you thinkin'? :icon_smile_tongue:

The weatherstrips at the tops of the door windows leak on mine, but they are the hard, old originals too. :eyes:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

AKcharger

I did have a battle wth a window leak a while ago but I fixed it, the seal was pulled a bit from the new glass and water ran in the holes for the trim clips. I pulled the trim and sealed it with urathane. Hasn't leaked in ages but I ain't looking foward to pulling the glass out again. Well, I pulled out the carpet to dry so while it's out I'll hose down the car and do a leak check.

- Burnt; best I can do is a car cover, military base housing  :'(

- Cudahob; so your saying get a gargage and the put the car IN the garage...HOLY SMOKES you're a genius!

THE COLONEL

The water comes in the window seals of The Colonel.  This summer it rained so hard in Bristol TN it was raining sideways.  Needless to say, I had a couple puddles on the floor.
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

bluesfool

On our way home from a show one day we got caught in a major downpour and there was a constant "stream" of water coming in all over my wife's feet. I thought for sure it was coming in thru the vent but that turned out to be false. Even though I have a replacement seal, I still haven't taken the windshield out for fear of what I'll find!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: AKcharger on October 10, 2005, 08:30:49 PM

- Burnt; best I can do is a car cover, military base housing :'(

When did he reply?:scope:

Are you confusing Chris' again?   ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

AKcharger

Old Moparz

Don't forget to check the gaskets at the wiper pivots. I had chased a leak on my wife's Duster for a long time thinking it was the windshield & it wasn't.

http://www.engine-swaps.com/frames/frame_Gasketkit.html
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

AKcharger

That's actually a good tip about the pivot seals. I did  change my when car was a shell...and I was glad I did. I discovered the wipers were actually "frozen". I hand to put the pivitots in a vise to break them free, after which I installed grease nipples. I don't know how many wiper motors I would have went throught trying to figure out why they wouldn't have worked!

blackcharger

I replaced the wiper seals and bought a new windshield gasket in the road runner. Had a severe leak on the passenger side. Figured out it the rubber gasket for the antenna cable had popped out. water went right down the side of the cowl into the hole. Put it back in with a little silicone and problem solved.

Dave

ChargerRob

:o   Wow! and I thought I was the only one having water problems. I've given up trying to find my leak. Now I just place a big towel on the passenger floor carpet and wash the car quickly.

Robert
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar