News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4spd pedals with power brakes question

Started by werner, March 21, 2008, 10:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

werner

Installed tremac 5spd with there pedels . Has a hyd clutch assembly.(converted from an automatic.) Is the clutch pedal supposed to be at the same height as the brake pedal? I have seen stock B bpdies with stanaded brakes and the pedals sit at the same height. My brake pedal sits lower  to the floor thans standard brake pedal. Keisler has not been much help. The clutch pedal in the relaxed posion is not even close to hitting the rubber bumper on the dash. No ,more adjustment left on rod. I don't know if there would be enogh travel in the clutch pedal to release clutch if the pedals were at the same height. Tranny shifts fine, just looks funny with pedal sitting about 3 inches higher than the btrake pedal.
Hopefully some one will respond that has done the same swap.
Thanks Werner
1969 dodeg charger, 528 hemi ,Tko 5spd.

doctorpimp

I'll take a peek at mine tomorrow, but I think the clutch does sit higher in mine too. 
I do remember the pedal touching the rubber bumper when released though.
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

Ghoste

I think you will find that in a large number of applications the clutch pedal sits slightly higher.  The idea is that it will be easier to find the clutch pedal over the brake.  When shifting they don't want you stabbing the brake instead and in a panic situation you will also need to disengage the trans first.

resq302

My clutch pedal sits up slighlty higher than the brake pedal also.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

doctorpimp

I checked and mine is about 3 inches higher as well. 
The brake pedal is about the same height as the accelerator, but the clutch is higher.

How are the pedals in an original 4 speed car with Z bar etc ???

resq302

see my above post.  My car is an original 4 spd car and power disc brake car.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

doctorpimp

Thanks, sorry I didn't see your signature. 
I thought you had the Keisler with hyd clutch as well.

resq302

Nope, my car is as stock as they come.  Well, with one upgrade that is electronic.
Brian

BROCK

Not sure if I prefer your Charger or your Infidel :icon_smile_big:

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

doctorpimp

Quote from: BROCK on March 23, 2008, 10:04:36 AM
Not sure if I prefer your Charger or your Infidel :icon_smile_big:
ROTFL  :haha:

Lets see...

They're both high maint, expensive, large displacement and beautiful...
But, my wife will only let me ride my Charger.
;) LOL