News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looks like an HLPAG student......

Started by jaak, October 10, 2005, 03:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaak

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Charger-1968-General-Lee-Original-318-needs-a-little-TLC_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6199QQitemZ4581519895QQrdZ1

Looks like someone's trying to reach HLPAG fame....few honorable mentions....
notice "new paint" but dents left on body (especially nasty one on Right front fender)
notice the "Color-matched" wheel well trim!!!
notice the "tan areosol can" interior (every thing's tan....everything!!)
notice the "{almost} correct" 15 spoke VECTORS  "veeerrrrrrrry rare)
But remember folks, if you buy now you may want to trailor it due to having a fuel cell in trunk

10,500 ?????????????????????? what a pile. I wouldn't give 1500 delivered, everybody's trying to make a buck off DOH
Really sad part is some kid or person with little car knowledge expecting a nice clone is gonna end up with a pile of $hit.

JimShine

As horrible as it is, the workmanship is more authentic to real General lee's than 99% of the clone cars out there. I got chills looking at the spray bombed interior as it looks spot on for the WB era real deal.

jaak

Quote from: JimShine on October 10, 2005, 03:11:06 PM
As horrible as it is, the workmanship is more authentic to real General lee's than 99% of the clone cars out there. I got chills looking at the spray bombed interior as it looks spot on for the WB era real deal.

True.....

moparguy01

wow, what a pile of crap. seriously. New paint isnt a good thing when the body work wasnt done at all.
I do agree though, the aersol resto interior job spraying EVERYTHING was a nice touch. NOT.

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

ChargerSG

Mayby he just bought it of HLPAG(being a General 68 and all) and try to get some of hes money back ;)
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Charger_Fan

Geez, the interior of that poor Charger gives the term "spray bomb" a whole new meaning...it literally looks like a spray can exploded in there! :-X

I'm diggin' the custom melted look on the rear panel here...

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

JimShine

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 10, 2005, 03:52:31 PM
Geez, the interior of that poor Charger gives the term "spray bomb" a whole new meaning...it literally looks like a spray can exploded in there! :-X

That is funny! "Paint Grenade".

Real GL survivor.

jaak

ya know i just noticed something.. I think that's a PVC roll bar in it, made outta pvc pipe, and wrapped in that roll bar padding.

HLPAG creed.........

One Rusted Charger parts car---- $500
One Gallon of Omaha Orange acrylic enamel ----$60
One General Lee Decal set ----- 350
12 pack, Krylon Tan paint ---- $32

Making unsuspecting victims bend over and take it without vasoline--------------------------PRICELESS!!!

ChgrSteve67

I wonder how much the GL key chain is without the car?
The Key Chain looks like it is in better shape.

jaak

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on October 10, 2005, 04:50:05 PM
I wonder how much the GL key chain is without the car?
The Key Chain looks like it is in better shape.

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :iagree:

BigBlockSam

QuoteMayby he just bought it of HLPAG   
:iagree:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

dkn1997

RECHRGED

Blakcharger440

They just sprayed right over the rear wheel well trim!  :icon_smile_shock:  That reserve price is just nuts!

BigBlackDodge

Looks like the 'student' has become the 'master'

That thing makes my car look like a concours masterpiece!

BBD

Brock Samson

i realy dig the masking job!  ;D see the rear emblem?..  :o

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Stratocharger on October 10, 2005, 07:24:01 PM
i realy dig the masking job!   ;D see the rear emblem?..   :o
Yup, did you notice overspray on the lower part of the windshield from the interior bombing? :rotz:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

'CUDA360

Why are there no pics of the "surface rust"

I wanna see the trunk, floor panels and shear panels not to mention the frame. (which I noticed he did not)

426wedge

I HOPE nobody tries to drive that thing...Did anybody else notice the steel wheel lugnuts on the car.
No shank and there are no washers. Those things will loosen up in 5 miles or less....SCARY!!!!!!!!
The only substitute for cubic inches is cubic feet!!!!!!!!!

BigBlockSam

Quote every thing's tan....everything!!)   

that's so funny. looks like he used paint ballons, ya gotta throw them hard or they won't burst    :puke:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Brock Samson

yeah, and and only three at that..   :P
Quote from: 426wedge on October 10, 2005, 07:41:31 PM
I HOPE nobody tries to drive that thing...Did anybody else notice the steel wheel lugnuts on the car.
No shank and there are no washers. Those things will loosen up in 5 miles or less....SCARY!!!!!!!!

kikgas01

This is the 3rd listing on E-Bay.I wonder why.But Jim is correct.If the tail light panel was cut and changed to 69 taillights and just the center of a 69 grille poprivited in it would look authenic.Here is a photo of the poprivited grille of the same car that Jim posted earlier.

and another interior shot

So actually all in all it is kinda authenic.Not 10 grand worth maybe a grand.It would make a helluva dirt track car!!!!
Notice the 70 door panel hmmmmmm supposidlt no 70s were used must just be 70 parts lol not to mention one 68 seat and 1 69 seat.

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

derailed

wow at least one thing you can say about this guy,at least he not trying to hide much, HLPAG wouldnt have all these close ups of the imperfectons, those are the pleasant surprise for the new owner upon delivery

bull

I thought someone here said that hlpag had an Oklahoma operation too.