News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

best comment ever about your car

Started by mikesbbody, March 20, 2008, 08:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerrt

Quote from: keepat on March 21, 2008, 07:30:05 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on March 21, 2008, 07:05:09 PM
And did they?

(I don't recall seeing it is why I ask)
Yes! And they are saying this July's issue. :shruggy:

I can't wait to see that.  I love your Charger!

Ghoste

Me too, it'll be one of the highlight issues!

mikesbbody

Quote from: chargerrt on March 21, 2008, 09:16:55 PM
And did they?

I can't wait to see that.  I love your Charger!
Ill be hanging out for that issue too. One of the nicest chargers i have EVER seen  :drool5:  :2thumbs:

71ChallengeHer

Brian at TDC meet last summer . " There is no way that's a 318 "  And I told him it sure was. Then he said " That is the meanest 318 I ever heard " :drive: :drive:

mikesbbody

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on March 21, 2008, 09:34:25 PM
Brian at TDC meet last summer . " There is no way that's a 318 "  And I told him it sure was. Then he said " That is the meanest 318 I ever heard " :drive: :drive:
awesome jackie  :2thumbs: like i keep saying nothing wrong with a 318  :2thumbs:

justin1987

And did they?

I can't wait to see that article. It was your car that made me paint my car Mercedes-Benz Silver, and I have no regrets.  :2thumbs:

keepat

Thanks for adding to my bast comment list! Complements from other Charger owner are the best! :cheers:
Pat

plum500

At a stop light, guy in an SUV leans over.. "HOW MUCH YOU WANT FOR IT??"

I'm not sure whether that was the best part, or when I got to reply "it's not for sale :)"

Plumcrazy

In 2005 a friend of mine arranged for us to provide transportation for a wedding party instead of the usual limo.
The bride got here pick of which car she wanted to ride in........... mine of course.   :icon_smile_cool:

On the way to have their wedding photos taken I put my foot into it to add some exhaust noise to the experience.
The groom turned and said to his bride "Now thats the way a car is supposed to sound".  ;D

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

1968 Charger B5

when i bought my 68, my father and I had it on a trailer behind our ramcharger.  half way home on 95,  four guys on their bikes, sped up in the fast lane, moved over to the lane next to us.  now two of them smiled and sped away, the next kid went behind our truck to check it out then sped away also, the last kid looked at us, mind you we were going about 75, and took both hands of his bike and gave us 2 thumbs up!  it was cool, then to top that off, he moved over to the fast lane and pulled a wheelie and sped awey.   it was pretty sweet
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Dodge Charger
1974 Plymouth Roadrunner
1998 Jeep Cherokee SRT

learical1

Young lady, purchasing one of my SuperBirds, sees my brother's hemi Challenger and says, "Gotta run tens!"  I tell her it's bone stock, no mods.  She replies, "Gotta run HIGH tens!"  :rotz:
Bruce

Jon Smith

I was sat idling at traffic lights (lumpy) when a couple walked past...the girl said "is it supposed to sound like that?"
her boyfriend said "f--kin' right it is!"  :smilielol:

41husk

My favorite was a guy at a car show that told me, " I used to have one just like that, only mine was different."   :scratchchin: :shruggy: :smilielol:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

68charger383

At a car show, a guy walking to his car (Ford) stopped and said "God that is a gorgous car"
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

ITSA426

Coming back from a TDC meet in Rapid City a few years ago some bikers followed me into a gas station in Murdo, SD and one asked if I'd trade my red '67 440 4 speed Charger for his new Harley.  He looked disappointed when I told him the Charger was worth a lot more money.

Last summer, at Muscle Car Classics in MN, our former governor Jesse Ventura, said my '66 hemi car was his favorite car there.  Kinda raised my ego a touch.

JimShine

Other Charger owners would usually praise the grille on my car.

69bronzeT5

And did they?

SWEET!! Just like what justin1987 said....you're car is the one that made up my mind for my Charger colour scheme
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

chargerjy9

last summer, at a local car show, a guy stopped and looked closely at my car for quite a while. then, he approaches me, says that he is a collector and that my car is one of the finest cars of it's kind he has seen. then he says to me that I should take it to Barrett-Jackson.      As if......
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

Brock Samson

i just remembered an old complement... many years ago just after i had her painted Black Lacqure and polished out the slot mags,..
I took her up to a Good Guys nostalgia drags and car show at sears point raceway where i had her in the car show,.. she wasn't near perfect (never has been) tiger skin seat cover and all but i was really proud of my new paint and all after running her around with duct tape and black primer for the previous five years...
so anyhow,.. this attractive middle aged woman comes up to me and said "I've seen all the cars here and I like your car the best of all of them it's got the most personality".

here's a pic from back then...

CB

brock, that Charger looked killer with the slots! I think it's one of the best rims to fit a Charger.
Very cool!!
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

troy.70R/T

hey chargerrt can you tell me what size of tires you have on your car I like the way they look. I have a 70 R/t with the same color combo and always wondered what those rims would look like on it. Could you possiably send me a bigger pic so I can get a real good look at how the tires fill up the wheeel well ?

TheGhost

Most humourous comment I ever got was from a co-worker about the Barracuda, shortly after I bought her.

"Whose GTO is that out there?"

"That's my Barracuda."

"You bought a FORD?"

:lol:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

hemihead nc

...my car is a red 66 Hemi Charger that's better looking than most, been in the magazines and won more than its share of shows. But the best was at a club event at a Dodge Dealership and a bunch of us were talking crap and just being car guys, when I noticed a dad and his young( 5-6 yr old) son checking out my car. Dad was showing a lot more interest than the usual fan and he is pointing out features and what he likes about the car to his son. Of course this has most of us getting closer to see whats going on. Dad keeps saying how much he likes my car and junior keeps agreeing with him. They are over, under and almost in the car looking at stuff when junior says " boy dad, you really like this car dont you!!.....Dad says " SON, I'D TRADE YOUR MOTHER FOR THIS CAR !!!!"   Of course we all burst out laffing and then dad realized that he had an audience for all of this, he turned red, grabbed his boy and off they went. We were laffing so hard it wasnt untill they had left, that on of the guys said I should have asked him for a picture of his wife. Had to be an all time classic!!

terrible one

I haven't really had many good comments about my car, besides "that's cool" or something. Most people are more like "man you paid that much for it???"

chargerrt

Quote from: troy.70R/T on March 30, 2008, 07:29:19 PM
hey chargerrt can you tell me what size of tires you have on your car I like the way they look. I have a 70 R/t with the same color combo and always wondered what those rims would look like on it. Could you possiably send me a bigger pic so I can get a real good look at how the tires fill up the wheeel well ?

PM sent