News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

best comment ever about your car

Started by mikesbbody, March 20, 2008, 08:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikesbbody

ok, this is the opposite to cody's topic what is the best comment you have ever had about your car? I had some real nice ones today at a gas station what was yours and where?

Khyron

I can't begin to list them here.... but the best comments I ever got was here, from other Charger enthusiasts, and to me, that matters most  :cheers:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

70charginglizard

70charginglizard

73chgrSE

The other day I revved up the motor once and it sent my neighbor's pitbull, who I didn't see behind me, running scared 2 yards away.  :coolgleamA:
That's compliment enough for me. :Twocents:

bull

hemihead

The best complement I had was when I was leaving a woman's house one morning she told me she went out with me because she liked my Charger  :2thumbs:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Ghoste

The best one for me would have to be the night I was rumbling slowly down a sidestreet and a couple of ricer boys were hanging out by the curb admiring the size of each others wings (I'm guessing) and there was a girl with them.  As I went by the girl pointed at my car and said, " now THAT, looks like a fast car".

Musicman

Well I don't know about the best, but the most memorable compliment I ever received was from a guy driving in the other lane. He was so excited when he saw my car... smiling, waving, and tooting his horn, you know the routine. However, he was so excited that he failed to notice the traffic in his lane had stopped.

Ghoste

Vainglory, Esq.

An offer to buy even before I started the resto.

Musicman

bordin34

Some kid said "Holy wowzers that's a smokin' car" as he walked by.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

TruckDriver

"Is that a old Ford?"  :rotz:

I almost spit out my drink when the kid asked that. :P
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

mikesbbody

Quote from: hemihead on March 20, 2008, 09:16:57 PM
The best complement I had was when I was leaving a woman's house one morning she told me she went out with me because she liked my Charger  :2thumbs:
yeah, those are always good  :lol:
The pitbull one is great too  :lol: and the ricers girl comment  :lol: keep them coming  :2thumbs:

hemihead

Quote from: mikesbbody on March 20, 2008, 10:42:02 PM
Quote from: hemihead on March 20, 2008, 09:16:57 PM
yeah, those are always good  :lol:
The pitbull one is great too  :lol: and the ricers girl comment  :lol: keep them coming  :2thumbs:
What can I say , it got me a piece  :2thumbs:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

mikesbbody

What can I say , it got me a piece  :2thumbs:
sounds like we have something in common  :lol:

CB

man! that car looks mean referring to the flat black paintjob on the 69

not actually replies but when people hang thru their windows, giving thumbs up and taking pics with their cell phones were the good 'comments' I had when cruising my 69 back then

best comment so far on the cuda? 'nice score'  :icon_smile_big:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

six-tee-nine

The other day I met a guy at a place i was for my job who was into American muscle to but mostly a chevy guy...

When I told him I had just bought me a 69 Charger to restore the next thing he asked me was : I'll give you my phone number so if you might ever change your mind and sell it give me a call.

My reply : Yeah right.....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Sendero

I was in San Diego in the service at the time, when I called my father in 1986 that I purchased a 1970 Charger.  He scolded me a bit for wasting my money on old cars.
A bit later he got the opportunity to visit. When I showed him the car...he just smiled  :D...and said "Give me the keys"

[img]http://home.ptd.net/~mattnmar/images/chrgr002.jpg[img]

mally69

I had a young kid say ( look dad there is that orange chevelle again) then dad replied ( no son that is a super bee ) :eyes: ::) :eyes: ::)

PocketThunder

Quote from: Sendero on March 21, 2008, 07:57:04 AM
I was in San Diego in the service at the time, when I called my father in 1986 that I purchased a 1970 Charger.  He scolded me a bit for wasting my money on old cars.
A bit later he got the opportunity to visit. When I showed him the car...he just smiled  :D...and said "Give me the keys"

:2thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69chargerboy

" Wow, that's nice. I want it"    :icon_smile_big:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

chargerrt

Gosh...it's a three way tie for me.

1.  Grizzled Harley Davidson rider sees my car while riding down the road and nearly fall off his bike looking as he goes by

2.  A SUV full of girls flying up beside me while I'm out cruising, telling me how cool my car was, and asking for my number

3.  The first time I took my dad out for a ride after I got the 3" Flowmaster system on it...When I pulled onto the highway I ran it up to about 80mph and when I let off he looked over at me with a huge grin on his face, starting laughing and said, "Shiiiiit.  This thing sounds good"

Ghoste

Brock Samson

in my cars case i can't think of any One comment or reaction that stands out...
not a year ago a guy ran up to my car at a red light after chasing me for a few blocks and pulled a wad of cash out of his pocket and said he could go to the ATM to get more for a total of $17K,.. I smiled... he explained he had just bought a basket case '70 and liked mine better,... imagine that?..  :lol:

one guy crossing the street in front of my car on a cell phone stopped in his tracks telling whoever was on the phone "I am looking at a SWEEEEEEEET Charger!" it was the way he said "sweet" that will stick with me for years to come,..

riding down the freeway allot of thumbs up and heads come out of cars, and on the street folks wave all the time...
kids waiting for the bus at bus stops have lots of enthusiastic reactions to the Charger usually i hear "that's sooo tight!" and stuff like that...
ya' know allot of comments i can't actually hear cause the car's pretty loud and i tend to be going pretty quick...
  some times i see folks jaws actually drop, that's not something you see alot of in been there done that San Francisco...

I guess my favorite thing is when I stop to eat at one of my favorite places at Fisherman's Wharf - they let me park in a reserved place just in front,.. and crowds of tourists will crowd around my R/T poking their heads inside and taking lots of photos sometimes posing with the charger... that allways makes me grin...  :D