News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

best comment ever about your car

Started by mikesbbody, March 20, 2008, 08:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1BAD68

"that thing looks like pure evil" when I asked my wife why she doesn't ever want to ride along in my car.

CB

Quote from: 1BAD68 on March 21, 2008, 10:19:05 AM
"that thing looks like pure evil" when I asked my wife why she doesn't ever want to ride along in my car.

:drool5: :drool5:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

charger01

Your wife is right.....swweeeeet looking car though.  I actually dig those rims on there too. :cheers:

chargerrt

:smilielol:  That thing DOES look like pure evil.  Looks like Darth Vader would drive it.

charger01

Quote from: chargerrt on March 21, 2008, 10:33:20 AM
:smilielol:  That thing DOES look like pure evil.  Looks like Darth Vader would drive it.

If that were the case,, I doubt the Empire would ever been defeted. ;D

bull

The most interesting comment I got was from a neighbor kid shortly after I bought my '68. It needed a complete resto of course and I was getting ready to tear it down when the kid was over wanting me to air up his bicycle tire. He said "your car needs to be washed." I laughed and replied, "That's the least of my worries right now."

andy74

"that is the best looking car ive ever seen"

a little kid with his dad at the mall 2 days ago,i was shopping for a watch battery!

Rob R

I just get nice car or cool car...

Brock Samson

yummm yum, I'd have to agree....  :drool5:

1969chargerrtse

Buddy of mine was looking at all the detail work I've been doing in the engine compartment this past winter and went, " Wow you gonna drive it?"  Of course I am, I didn't do all this to let it sit.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Finn

The day I bought mine I was at the dmv, walked out to the tailer it was on and was just sitting there when this truck pulls up and the guy goes "thats my favorite car, last time I saw one in person was 11 years ago. Do you wanna sell it" I just smiled and told him I wouldnt even be the owner for the next 20 minutes.

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

triple_green

"just seeing your car makes me feel young again".

From a 60 YO Boeing Engineer.
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

triple_green

This one I had no comeback for.

From a 50+ YO woman at a car show:

"Our first child was conceived in the backseat of a Charger just like this one".

:2thumbs:
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

mikesbbody

[
3.  The first time I took my dad out for a ride after I got the 3" Flowmaster system on it...When I pulled onto the highway I ran it up to about 80mph and when I let off he looked over at me with a huge grin on his face, starting laughing and said, "Shiiiiit.  This thing sounds good"
:2thumbs: actually, that reminds me of when i took my dad for a ride for the first time. He asked (shouting) "ïs it suppose to be this loud?"
  I can forgive him though he's only ever had english junker cars  :lol:

modmidget

A couple in their mid to late 40s stopped me in the parking lot across the street from my office. The gal wanted her husband to take pictures of her posing with the car.  She sure got excited when I said it would be ok.

472 R/T SE

The praise from you folks here, the '70 Registry or any other car forum.  Those are the ones that count anyways.  :2thumbs:

charger01

Sadly, the best comment I have gotten about my car is.  "When are you going to get that car done?"

chargerrt

Quote from: mikesbbody on March 21, 2008, 02:40:30 PM
[
3.  The first time I took my dad out for a ride after I got the 3" Flowmaster system on it...When I pulled onto the highway I ran it up to about 80mph and when I let off he looked over at me with a huge grin on his face, starting laughing and said, "Shiiiiit.  This thing sounds good"
:2thumbs: actually, that reminds me of when i took my dad for a ride for the first time. He asked (shouting) "ïs it suppose to be this loud?"
  I can forgive him though he's only ever had english junker cars  :lol:

Hahaha that's awesome.  I guess the thing that makes mine even cooler is that my dad owned a few Chargers, Dusters, and a Dart way back when.

Death1970Proof

Quote from: chargerrt on March 21, 2008, 09:44:31 AM
Gosh...it's a three way tie for me.

1.  Grizzled Harley Davidson rider sees my car while riding down the road and nearly fall off his bike looking as he goes by

2.  A SUV full of girls flying up beside me while I'm out cruising, telling me how cool my car was, and asking for my number

YOUR 1970 ROCKS!!! :2thumbs:
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

Death1970Proof

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Flat black chargers are where it's at!!!
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

chargerrt

Quote from: Death1970Proof on March 21, 2008, 05:40:39 PM
Quote from: chargerrt on March 21, 2008, 09:44:31 AM
Gosh...it's a three way tie for me.

1.  Grizzled Harley Davidson rider sees my car while riding down the road and nearly fall off his bike looking as he goes by

2.  A SUV full of girls flying up beside me while I'm out cruising, telling me how cool my car was, and asking for my number

YOUR 1970 ROCKS!!! :2thumbs:

Thanks  :cheers:

keepat

The best comment was from the Editor of Mopar Muscle asking if they could do a photo shoot of my car.
Pat

Ghoste

And did they?

(I don't recall seeing it is why I ask)

keepat

Quote from: Ghoste on March 21, 2008, 07:05:09 PM
And did they?

(I don't recall seeing it is why I ask)
Yes! And they are saying this July's issue. :shruggy:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: keepat on March 21, 2008, 07:03:03 PM
The best comment was from the Editor of Mopar Muscle asking if they could do a photo shoot of my car.
Pat

:lol: The editor told me they wanted me to be young gun of the month and then he asked how old I was...I said 15 and he said...Oh, well you have to be 16....when you're 16, contact us.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic