News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

wiped out oil pan today ( need sugg. for new one )

Started by 69chargerR/T, March 23, 2008, 07:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerR/T

I can't believe it, took out my oil pan today :brickwall: :brickwall: It was real nice out today so I took my 69 charger for a ride, first time I drove it this year. I went for a nice cruise car was running great, came to a stop at a four way intersection took off from the stop sign to cross the intersection ( I did take off kinda fast ) On the other side of the intersection was a big dip in the road that I didn't see the front of my car went up and then came down real hard !! I was like thats not good, there must have been a frost heave in the road. I didn't even think about my oil pan ( I have a 7 qt. deep pan ) luckily I wasn't far from my house and I was heading home anyway. I get home stop my car in front of my garage go in house to open the garage,park the car go to close the garage door and I see this big puddle of oil on the driveway. I,m like oh shit look under my car and the oil pan is caved in and leaking a lot of oil :brickwall: I've heard about guys with the deep pans that hang below the K frame hitting them, I've had my car for 8 years and never hit the pan until today :brickwall:  Anyway I got the car on jack stands and now I need  suggestions for a  new oil pan, what are you guys using on your cars, I'd like to get a pan with a little more ground clearance than the one I had  :brickwall:  Does anyone make a low profile pan that holds more oil than the stock style pan.       Alan   

2harleyriders

You might want to confirm with Ron (firefighter) but I would pass on his recommendation for me was the hemi 7qt pan from mopar performance.  It does not hang below the k frame.
Thats how I roll.

Just 6T9 CHGR

:iagree: 
I run the same pan (that was given to me...Thanks Brian!)  I believe he purchased it from Mancini Racing

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

firefighter3931

Alan, get the hemi pan from Mancini...it is protected by the k-frame. Capacity is 6qts + the filter and fits perfectly in a second gen chassis.  :2thumbs:

Make sure to order the correct pickup tube which should be 3/8 unless yours has been drilled out 1/2in (Hemi oiling mod). If you don't have a windage tray in there...now is the time  ;)

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/streethemoil.html

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Brock Samson

I held back posting to see if the Hemi pan and windage tray is still the hot ticket,.. cause I added mine ten years ago,.. I'm glad to see it still is.. i also got a chrome dipstick...  :D

69chargerR/T

Just ordered the hemi pan from mancini, that will be this weekends project taking the smashed one off and installing the hemi pan :2thumbs: Thanks for the suggestions on the hemi pan guys :2thumbs: Now I wont have to worry about hitting the pan again !!!!!!!  Thanks again guys,  Alan

firefighter3931

Have fun wrenchin Alan.  :cheers:

Don't forget to drain all the old oil before dropping the pan....i made that mistake, only once.  :lol:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

69chargerR/T

Quote from: firefighter3931 on March 24, 2008, 08:46:26 PM
Have fun wrenchin Alan.  :cheers:

Don't forget to drain all the old oil before dropping the pan....i made that mistake, only once.  :lol:

Ron

Thanks Ron, the oil should already be drained with out even pulling the drain plug :rotz: I put a drain pan under the pan after I jacked it up to check the damage :flame: Thanks once again Ron,  Aian