News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 charger seats without headrests?

Started by C500, April 02, 2008, 03:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

1969chargerrtse

Don't know all the details but many came without headrest.  I think the SE cars with the leather seats had them standard.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Paul 500

After Jan 1st 1969 they all came with headrests. Some regulation, but before that it was just an option.
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Paul 500 on April 02, 2008, 07:27:44 AM
After Jan 1st 1969 they all came with headrests. Some regulation, but before that it was just an option.

Correct!

That particular car has an SPD of 11/26/68 .....  before the 1/1/69 federal law mandate
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

JimShine

And while they were optional before January 1st, more often than not people opted for the headrests on 1969 model year cars. So its rare to see them without them. In the 1968 model year, it is just as rare to see cars with the headrest option.

C500

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

chargerkid01

my 69 does not have head rest thanks for the little piece of history thats cool!! :2thumbs: