News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

compession question?????

Started by hard-charger, March 14, 2008, 04:06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hard-charger

hi all! i bought a motor the other day for a back up. the fellow i got it from said it was just rebuilt, decked, line honed, balanced ect..... i took the heads off to give it a once over and saw it was super clean, but the pistons were sitting about a 16th of an inch in the hole. my question is;
does anybody have any idea about the compression ratio im looking at here? :shruggy: ive got some new heads for it w/ 84cc chambers.
thanks!

firefighter3931

Assuming that the pistons are .125 below deck the static compression will be low....inthe 8:1 range which is not ideal for any performance build. The aluminum heads need closer to 10-10.5:1 to get the most out of them.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

hard-charger

lol................sounds like my back up motor sux. lol :horse:
clean block tho. maybe it can be my new stroker project i wanted to get into, until i got consumed making the most of my current 446. which was very rewarding in the end. but ive gone as far as i can w/ it, and am happy the way it is. :2thumbs:
as far as the new engine,.......its time to stroke it. :smilielol:  so many more questions to come. thenks every 1! this site is endless amounts of priceless knowlege :cheers:

hard-charger

oh!  is this compression/engine a good rage for a bds supercharger? :stirthepot:

firefighter3931

Quote from: hard-charger on March 17, 2008, 03:46:20 PM
oh!  is this compression/engine a good rage for a bds supercharger? :stirthepot:

Why yes....yes it is  :naughty:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

hard-charger

well in that case, woohoo!
now ive got more questions about supercharging. lol.
for a car that sees the street on the weekend. and the strip as much as possable. what is the best one to go with? and how should i set up the motor? like; camshaft, carbs, heads, boost, and brakes, and anything els important with a blower? thanks again!