News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where did you find your build sheet? Good Build Sheet Story? Share it!!

Started by 2Gunz, October 10, 2005, 04:27:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2Gunz

This thread http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,4135.0.html made me start this post.  Grats on finding yours.

Pretty much as the title says....

Where did you find your build sheet?

What are the common Build sheet locations?  Ive heard they are most found in seatbacks, above the glove compartment, and sometimes in the headliner. Ive also heard you could get none, or 1 to 3 in your car.

Find one in a strange spot?

Heard of one in a interesting spot?

Have any crazy facts about build sheets? 

Have odd rumors about them?

Basically if its about build sheets share your knowledge and interesting information about them.   :icon_smile_tongue:

I personally own 3 Chargers.......

69' that Im restoring ---  It appears to be a bastard car and I havent found or have any hope of finding it.

69' That is awaiting a resto -- Shes a real 440 car, and Im the second owner of the car.  I have the original window sticker in almost perfect shape.  If anybody is interested Ill scan it or take a picture and share it.  My hopes where high on finding a build sheet for this car. I took out the back seat to look for it and no dice. There is a chance its in the car.... but no luck as of yet on it.

68' just bought it -- Havent looked for it yet. Its been through a few owners and considering the luck I have so far I dont expect to find it.

Im 0 for 3.

Share your storys and hopefully this will turn into an interesting thread.

Rocky

No Survey?

I found mine behind the rear seat, and it matched the car too.  It was in the most common location, an no stress. :2thumbs:

TruckDriver

Only found bits and pieces of mine. The dry desert heat dry rotted it :'(
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

2Gunz

I would have done a survey.  But to be honest I dont really know where all the "normal" spots are.

Which is part of the reason I started this.  Maybe somebody found theirs in the (insert odd location here) and mine will happen to be there as well.

Rocky

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Spartan

I found mine under the carpet in the back seat.  It was sitting there for 35 years on top of about 3 of those caulk tube ends they cut off.  It was oily and hard to read but it is mine :).
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

MoparYoungGun

My Uncle found the one to his '68 under the rear sheet. It's in surprisingly good shape.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Found mine under the rear seat.

PS--2Gunz----have you registered any of the Chargers yet?

www.1969chargerregistry.com
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Khyron

behind the back of the back seat. In the same location and condition as derailed :thumbs:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

az69rtcharger

2Gunz,
Scan your window sticker or take a photo if you can. I would like to see a clean copy of one

Chris G.

No sheet for the Charger :-\, but so far I have 2 for the Hang Tizzle. The one on the left was in the glove box, and the one on the right was under the rear seat. I'll bet there's more goodies under the carpet, but I haven't checked yet.

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

jaak

When I got my car, I had one given to me, I'm assuming it was under the rear seat, but when I was dissassembling it I found another taped to the top of the glove box liner.

2Gunz

Window sticker.........  Or what I believe is the window sticker  :eyes:

EDIT : Covered Serial# and tagged the bottom with DodgeCharger.com to see if it ends up elsewhere. Hope Troy doesnt mind.

2Gunz

The car that that belongs to is a classic "Awe hell" moment.

I bought that car solely as a motor and tranny donor car.

The window tag was handed to me by the original owner of the car.

He bought it brand new after getting back from vietnam.

I think there is more paperwork for it.... but I cant remember where for the life of me.

The only reason I have that is I had never seen one before and thought it was interesting.

I pulled the motor and tranny and stored it in my Grandfathers barn.

The car still sits there.

It has a trunk full of stuff.  Dont have any idea what.  I opened it one time and thought "yep trunk full of junk".

Closed the trunk and never opened it again.

The car in the barn is complete.... minus the motor and tranny.

I bought another car a month before that one.... which was pretty to look at but had a whipped 318 in it.

The 318 (now with the 440 in it) car became my driver for the next 6 years. About 6 months ago I decided "it was time" for the car to get the respect it deserves.  And I started restoring it.

Whats interesting is the 440 car (which the above sticker belongs 2)  was destained for the scrap heap. And I just couldnt do it.  Now that car is worth way more than the nothing 318 car Im restoring.

Anyway Im flying to NY in a week and Im going to poke around and see what else I can find out about it.

::)

bad1032

1) 69 was under the upper back seat, they other 69 was under dash by heater box.

JimShine

My 1969 has one that was in the rear seat back. It is kind of tattered, but its the right one for it.

Been searching hard for one in my '68. The headliner, package tray and original carpet are gone. I looked in the seatbacks, nothing. I felt around the glovebox liner and nothing. Maybe once I get the seats out I may find something i couldn't feel or maybe something is hiding in the dash somewhere.

Charger_Fan

I found my build sheet on the upright part of my back seat way back in 1986, shortly after I bought the car. I was cleaning the car out because the previous owner was a pig & there was lots of crap in it.
It came out in 2 pieces, with a couple small spots missing.

The funny thing is that I had never heard of a build sheet before then, but it looked cool, so I kept it. There may be more in the car, I haven't pulled the interior out of it yet.

Hey Chris, what does it say on the bottom of those? Something Pacer System? :scope:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Old Moparz

The sheet from my '69 Satellite convertible was under the rear seat bottom in dry, but readable shape. There were 2 sheets from my '71 Scamp in excellent shape, one in the rear seat & one from under the carpet. The one from my '71 Barracuda was under the carpet in fair, & readable condition, considering rodents had lived in the car for years. I don't have any for the '68 Charger or the '70 Road Runner, & the one in the rear seat from the '68 Coronet 500 convertible is actually for a Coronet R/T convertible. This is the only one that I did read since I was listing the car for sale, & it wouldn't be for sale if the car were a R/T.   ::)

Maybe I'll read the others I have one day?
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

694spdRT

I found the top half of my buildsheet under the rear seat. There was a '69 318 Coronet or Satellite sheet that was protected and nearly perfect under mine in there as well.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Steve P.

Quote from: 2Gunz on October 10, 2005, 09:17:21 AM
Window sticker.........   Or what I believe is the window sticker   :eyes:

EDIT : Covered Serial# and tagged the bottom with DodgeCharger.com to see if it ends up elsewhere. Hope Troy doesnt mind.

Wish I could go to the dealer and see this today....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Charger Aficionado

On all the 2nd Gens I've had, it has been in rear seat upper portion, or missing.   I've GONE THROUGH some of those cars...  

BTW:   if you would like a "NOVELTY BUILDSHEET" for 1969, I have it in PDF form.   I think they took them down from MoParts?   If you would like a copy email me at fifthforce75@yahoo.com and I'll shoot you one.   You can find the '70 at 1970chargerregistry.com

69_se_ron

found one under the rear seat and the other under the driver's seat.
Check out my progress pics at:<br />http://www.cardomain.com/ride/732403

Chris G.

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 10, 2005, 11:10:35 AM
Hey Chris, what does it say on the bottom of those? Something Pacer System? :scope:

CF, That says 'Fuel Pacer System'. It was basically another wacky gimmick courtesy of Chrysler. It was introduced late in '74 (option L73). It was supposed to help drivers know when they were using too much fuel (or speeding). The front left turn signal will glow when the system senses that you are using excessive fuel while driving. It was a major headache for people who didn't know what it was, because they would chase wires trying to figure out why the turn signal light would all of a sudden glow. Mine still works fine.