News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

three new challanger models and some... interesting stuff here...

Started by Brock Samson, March 18, 2008, 12:15:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/18/on-the-ball-hennessey-already-out-with-srt700-dodge-challenger/

"It's been less than a month since Dodge officially took the wraps off the Challenger SRT8, and horsepower fanatic John Hennessey already has a performance package available called the SRT700 that will have muscle car fans tingling with excitement. Since there's no replacement for displacement, Hennessey adds extra cubes to the 6.1-liter V8 with a stroker crankshaft, pushing it out to 426ci. For good measure, a 67mm turbocharger system is added as well, complete with an air-to-air intercooler. Forged aluminum pistons, forged steel connecting rods, high-flow cylinder heads, and a 3-inch exhaust system are also added, among other upgrades. The result is a tire-shredding horsepower increase of nearly 75% – 725 bhp @ 5200 rpm and 750 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm. Hennessey claims it's good enough for the Challenger SRT8 to hit 60 mph in 3.5 seconds (with the optional drag radial tire upgrade) and top out at 190 mph. Yep, sounds like pretty typical Hennessey stuff."
from autoblog...

4forty

Much more affordable and sweet!  Blue V6/SE still gets hoods scoops...and the red R/T gets 370 horsies, nice!

Brock Samson

:scope: well when i get mine I want this rear end in it... whatever it is...  :shruggy:

Khyron

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 19, 2008, 02:07:05 PM
  :scope: well when i get mine I want this rear end in it... whatever it is...  :shruggy:

I think it was made in Japan  :lol:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

1969chargerrtse

Very very nice looking.  Thanks for the pics and info brock.   :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

FastbackJon

Jalopnik says the V6 is a "HEMI" as well... is that true?
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Brock Samson

it's the same motor they been using since the late '90s the 3.5 HO i got in my M.
here's the long confusing allpar article on it...

Mopar likes to call anything they can "hemi" nowadays,.. and truth be know alot of motors are hemis or semi hemis anyhow...
ain't really all that rare and the definitions very,.. hemis go back well over 50 years BTW..

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/33.html

Joshua

Everything you posted is pretty cool......except for the Challengers.....(well, except that last pic....hahaha!)

TruckDriver

Like that blue :drool5:   I like the front spoiler too. I don't remember seeing that on the SRT8. :scratchchin:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on March 19, 2008, 05:55:38 PM
Like that blue :drool5:   I like the front spoiler too. I don't remember seeing that on the SRT8. :scratchchin:

Take another look, its there.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Brock Samson

The sister of an old drummer in the band came by a couple of days ago, wanted to consult with me about a new chrysler 300 she wanted to buy,.. I recommend a number of stratagies to save her big money over the purchase price of a new '08 sxt the dealers were pushing her towards...
And anyhow, she got a silver Hemi C a '2006, with 20K miles she's picking it up in an hour and is comming by to give me a ride. says she paid less for it then the unoptioned '08 with a 2.4 she was looking at...  $23 K, i think they retail new for $34K or so...

Brock Samson

thanks to FTHORN over at allpar,..
here's the chinese small car comming along anytime now...
it's the spiritual succesor to the old mighty dodge dart,...
Gentlemen and Ladies...
I present to you the new Dodge Fart....  :eek2:

:drool5:

69charger2002

they already tried the "breeze" name plate once.. it failed miserably, in looks, style, and reliability. why wouldn't they walk the same path. just let the scion looking boxes take over the world. it will make our chargers look even better the older we get
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

PocketThunder

Isnt it just obsured to have the Dodge Ram emblem on a car so tiny?  Doesnt the Ram stand for RAM TOUGH!
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

NYCMille

I actually just got back from the NYC auto show and covered with the press for cardomain.com. I also have a BUNCH of Challenger pics as I was in, out and around each model. In my opinion the V6 model is going to be the best seller. It's 250hp with a much nicer interior than say that of the base V6 Mustang - it comes standard with 18" wheels, fog lamps and will be priced in the low 20's.

The R/T is nice - power has been bumped to 370hp. The interior is also upgraded - nice leather seats with a pistol grip 6 speed shifter, no pricing yet.

The SRT is basically the same but with the Charger SRT-8s interior and the 6.1 HEMI - no pricing for this either.

We did a whole crap load of blogs on cardomain.com's site today and will also be at the show tomorrow so just tune in for more info.

http://blog.cardomain.com/blog/

Brock Samson

keepat

They need to drop the Ram on the front of the Challenger :eek2: and put D O D G E in chrome letters on the hood! :yesnod: The Ram looks like $hit on a car. :slap: