News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stupid comments about your car

Started by 69bronzeT5, March 18, 2008, 01:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoParMetal

I drove my wife's Duster to work today.
someone told me "nice charger."
I said "no its a Duster."
he said "yeah i had a mustang."

I love the stupid comments. Gives me a good chuckle.
looking for another one
xbox gamertag: mprmtl

Brightyellow69rtse

i had the garage open onday while i was working on my 2500. some random guy rides in on a pedal bike leans it on my truck and starts pawing all over my truck. i was laying on the engine so it took me a sec to get down.  then he goes thats a nice 70 i said first off get your damn bike and your grubby ass hands off my truck....and yes it is a very nice 69. then he starts arguing with me that its a 70.   i was like wtf dude its my car ive had it 7 years i think i know what year it is..........  now alot of random people stop ove the summer to ask about the car or whatever. most are very nice but this guy was just plain dumb. i know my truck aint a prize but the point is its mine dont touch it.......Mike 

440charger68

The worst two i have ever heard happened at the same gas station, the first one was "So you got yourself a dukes of hazzard car?" I was not sure if it was a question or not. The next was about a month ago, "Ahh the ford mustang, I love mustangs, how long have you had it?". I did not want to say it was a charger, because the guy thought he knew what he was talking about, i didnt want to ruin his momment. :eyes:
life's a garden, dig it.

Ghoste

Don't get the DOH comments too much anymore (but they still come on occasion) like I used to with the 69 but I have heard it called a Duster, a Cuda, a Challenger, a Mustang but oddly enough I've only ever had one Marlin comment.  Somebody once thought my 69 was a GTO.  None of those bother me too much though unless the guy wants to argue about it. 
I've never heard the 440 Hemi one but I have heard of many people who owned a 383 Hemi or a 383 Six Pack.  It's all worth noting that all 440 cars used to be Six Packs and that everybodys car was never beat and their buddy owns one that's waaay faster than mine.

JR

I could go on and on and on. But the latest one I heard was from a buddy of mine.

"Your Charger doesn't have anything on mine, I've got a crate Hemi, 6 speed manual, 700 horses, lowered, black on black....."

He was referring to one in a video game.

I think I'd rather have the real one over the virtual one. :scratchchin:
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

The70RT

I was gassing uo and a young man says - Wow an R/T! I know that means Round Track but what did they run on the road courses?.....and I will trade my Torino for it. I asked  is your Torino the GT Garbage Truck version....he then steamed off in his Pinto.  :smilielol:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mike DC

I don't mind when people just make a mistake about something.  Not everyone is anal about classic cars like most of us can be. 

It just gets annoying when they dis your car with lies. 

Or they refuse to admit that they know less about (your) car than you do. 

Blown70

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on March 20, 2008, 11:15:41 AM

Or they refuse to admit that they know less about (your) car than you do. 

THIS is when I do usually get pissed when you have owned several or had many over the years and THEY TELL you about options etc.  WHEN you tell them that was not possible they INSIST they know.   :flame:  440 hemi,,,,,  :brickwall:

Otherwise I just assume they want to speak to you and I can understand that.

Khyron

Well, I wasn't going to post in here, but I have one.

I was at Pep Boys (Local car place) and was looking for an intake manifold for the Charger. When they asked what engine size I responded 440.

The guy clicked in his computer and then told me that the car didn't come with a 440.

I said "Type in R/T then"

He said "I did, but it only shows that the 383 was the biggest motor available in that car, did you change the motor?"

I said "Yes, but they also came with 440's and 426's"

He said insistently "No they didn't"

I said "your a moron, you guys should rename your store to Chevy's and Sticker kits"

I left.

Normally I'm not a mean guy....except to Cody ;) but this was a older guy behind the parts counter... It's not like I pulled him off the floor from stocking parts. Am I soo narrow minded to think if you work as a car parts store you should know SOMETHING about cars? and if you don't know the model, take the owners word that the computer MAY be wrong and grab a freaking book.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

SnoPro440

Quote from: kylem4711 on March 18, 2008, 07:18:54 PM
Quote from: mxzx440 on March 18, 2008, 02:51:39 PM
I over heard a couple of kids in a parking lot talking about my car and the first one says "Hey look, it's the car from the Fast and Furious."   :down:

uhh, a charger is in the fast and the furious.  may have not been the right year,  but only charger lovers know the correct years.

take it as a complement man

I forgot to add the word GAY to my original post.. "Hey look, it's that gay car from the Fast and Furious"  as they are standing by their non-gay crx.
Otherwise I would have taken it somewhat as a compliment.
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

charger490

At a car show this kid about 25 comes up to me and said I bought one of those cars brand new.That was last year.
a couple of years ago a man about 42 wanted to know if my car was for sale. His wife and daughter was with him . I said yes  about $40000.00 would do it.He said that was to much so I said then I SAID I WILL TRADE FOR YOUR DAUGHTER. He then walked away. :lol:

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Nacho-RT74

I have had some of those tipical IS THAT A... CAMARO, MUSTANG, MAVERICK. Fortunatelly once got the question... is a CORONET ?

another ones:

WHY DON'T YOU FIT A NOVA FRONT SUSPENSION ?, well thats some logical because Mopar front ends have a bad name down here being weak, because broke easily, specially on Darts ( of course you have to see the roads down here and the EXPERT TECHS FIXING THEM )

HEY I CAN'T GET HOW YOU CAN DRIVE A CAR THAT BIG ON THESE DAYS ?... the guy didn't think on the 92 Grand Blazer he was driving ( 4 doors ). I got a similar situation on a parking when the guy didn't want I park on the lot because was too big. I told him... do you allow to park a Grand Blazer ?... he keeped thinking and then let me enter. When I walked out of the lot I told him... you can get it big or small but if you can't handle, still will be out of place :D

HEY DO YOU SELL IT ?----- No...
AND IF I GIVE YOU 100 MILLIONS ( that is around $46K on official exchange rate ) ?------  Do you have that money ?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Joshua

justin1987

I've got so many stupid comments and my car isn't even finished yet.

The first one I got was the very first day I had the car. We pulled the motor, hood, and fenders off the car. My dad and I were pushing the car into the garage and our crazy, drunk neighbor asked if it died on us. Keep in mind the engine compartment was clearly visable and there was no motor in it. I just looked at him and kept pushing the car.

The second one was from the same crazy, drunk neighbor. He just started talking to me and said "Yeah, my brother had a couple of those Olds 442s like that. If you need any parts I bet he has some."

kylem4711

Quote from: mxzx440 on March 20, 2008, 12:50:41 PM
Quote from: kylem4711 on March 18, 2008, 07:18:54 PM
Quote from: mxzx440 on March 18, 2008, 02:51:39 PM
I over heard a couple of kids in a parking lot talking about my car and the first one says "Hey look, it's the car from the Fast and Furious."   :down:

uhh, a charger is in the fast and the furious.  may have not been the right year,  but only charger lovers know the correct years.

take it as a complement man

I forgot to add the word GAY to my original post.. "Hey look, it's that gay car from the Fast and Furious"  as they are standing by their non-gay crx.
Otherwise I would have taken it somewhat as a compliment.

haha,  there a big difference there.
definitely a stupid comment
1970 dodge charger rt 440 4-speed
1973 plymouth barracuda 4-speed

pettyfan43

Quote from: JR on March 20, 2008, 07:48:02 AM
I could go on and on and on. But the latest one I heard was from a buddy of mine.

"Your Charger doesn't have anything on mine, I've got a crate Hemi, 6 speed manual, 700 horses, lowered, black on black....."

He was referring to one in a video game.

I think I'd rather have the real one over the virtual one. :scratchchin:

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:  Tell him to get outside a little more!!!

TUFCAT

Quote from: moparstuart on March 20, 2008, 02:11:56 PM

how much for the little girl

Ha ha!!  That was a very good (obscure) quote from The Blues Brothers Movie ......that line was classic!  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

rav440

right after i got the runner in 01 i called an exhaust shop for a quote i told them i have a 1973 PLYMOUTH road runner and id like a price on an exhaust system . so they gave me a price and said i could bring it up to the shop coz they wernt to busy .
so i drive up there goe in the offce tell them im the guy that just called . "  you the guy with  the 73 CHARGER " .... no it a 73 road runner " oh yeah thats right "
so i leave them the key they tell me it will be a few hours and they will call when its done .
a few hours goes by i get a phone call  " the exhaut is done you can come pic up your CHARGER "
i go up and go to pay the guy that did the work on the exhaust tells me " man , that is one clean CHARGER " him i let slide because of the fact he was under the car doing all the work and couldnt see it had road runner and PLYMOUTH plastered all over it .  :rotz:

i get the question [ mainly from MOPAR guys in condesending tone ]
" why do you GTX badges on a road runner ? you know they are two diffent models dont you ? "  :yesnod: :icon_smile_big: :brickwall:

my friend and i had to deal with a real dip$h!t i had the runner and my friend had his 68 R/T CGHARGER , this goof walks up and asks if we know where he can find a 68 CHARGER with out a motor , we told him we wernt aware of any for sale , he proceeds to tell us he has a 429 and wants to put it a CHARGER , so i say you mean a 426 " no i have a 429 ford " i ask  him why not get a TORINO and put the 429 in it ? " coszzz i like CHARGERS " i just got up and walked away . way to much stupid for me to deal with  :brickwall: :brickwall:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

charger_mike75

I've heard alot of these too,

Nice challenger.....
Is that a cougar?
You should put a 440 in it

But the dumbest thing I got was when I went to the parts store and told the guy I need a tierod end for a 68 charger and he asked me if it had 2 or 4 wheel drive ??   :slap:  :rotz:

Dave22443

:lol:  He probably thought you meant Ram Charger  :lol:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

heidifisher

Quote from: 73chgrSE on March 18, 2008, 02:29:38 PM
Once I was driving thru a parking lot and there were some people out on the patio of this sportsbar and I heard someone yell, "Alright, a Torino" As I passed by. I almost got out and educated him but whatever, stupid douche.  :brickwall:

Then a few months ago this lady ran up to me as I'm getting gas and says "OMG, I just love GTO's" I said yes they are very nice cars but this is actually a dodge charger. She looked really confused and somewhat disgusted and said Oh, wel I love GTO's and walked off. :shruggy:

The guy that works next to my studio asked me when i'm gonna drive my 67 camaro back to work one day.  :scratchchin:

It never ends.

Sometimes I think 3rd gen chargers are one of the most mis-identified cars of that time.
:iagree: I was at a local a@w car show when a guy said he liked my chevelle and asked if those wheels were factory(keystones) with skinny in front and n50's in back! :slap: all i could say was thanks :smilielol:

MoParMetal

i just remembered the meanest comment i've ever heard. i asked my uncle if i could keep it at his house until i can get it into storage. he told me "what the hell are you going to do with that piece of shit?! that car fuckin sucks!"
exact words. its hard being the only mopar person in a family full of chebby/ferd lovers.
looking for another one
xbox gamertag: mprmtl

68isgr8

My husband and I pulled into a gas station with my coronet R/T on it's first test run and like a swarm of bees, all these guys came over asking a bunch of questions. They tried to argue that the car was not a coronet but in fact a camero, then another started to argue that "no, it's a GTO". My husband quickly gased up the car and left. And as we were driving off, the stupid people were still arguing with each other on what make and model it was.   :eyes:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: MoParMetal on March 20, 2008, 10:14:45 PM
i just remembered the meanest comment i've ever heard. i asked my uncle if i could keep it at his house until i can get it into storage. he told me "what the hell are you going to do with that piece of shit?! that car fuckin sucks!"
exact words. its hard being the only mopar person in a family full of chebby/ferd lovers.

Ouch man. My uncle told me to look at my car as a "buisness venture" and told me I should sell it and buy a reliable newer daily driver. :icon_smile_blackeye:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic